Surah Al-Maidah | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 117
Sura Al-Ma'idah from 51 to 57
51. O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Auliyâ’ ( friends, protectors, helpers ) , they are but Auliyâ’ of each other. And if any amongst you takes them ( as Auliyâ’ ) , then surely he is one of them. Verily, Allâh guides not those people who are the Zâlimûn ( polytheists and wrong- doers and unjust ) .
52. And you see those in whose hearts there is a disease ( of hypocrisy ) , they hurry to their friendship, saying: « We fear lest some misfortune of a disaster may befall us. » Perhaps Allâh may bring a victory or a decision according to His Will. Then they will become regretful for what they have been keeping as a secret in themselves.
53. And those who believe will say: « Are these the men ( hypocrites ) who swore their strongest oaths by Allâh that they were with you ( Muslims ) ? » All that they did has been in vain ( because of their hypocrisy ) , and they have become the losers.
54. O you who believe! Whoever from among you turns back from his religion ( Islâm ) , Allâh will bring a people whom He will love and they will love Him; humble towards the believers, stern towards the disbelievers, fighting in the Way of Allâh, and never fear of the blame of the blamers. That is the Grace of Allâh which He bestows on whom He wills. And Allâh is All- Sufficient for His creatures’ needs, All- Knower.
55. Verily, your Walî ( Protector or Helper ) is none other than Allâh, His Messenger, and the believers, - those who perform As- Salât ( Iqâmat- as- Salât ) , and give Zakât, and they are Râki‘ûn [ 1 ] ( those who bow down or submit themselves with obedience to Allâh in prayer ) .
56. And whosoever takes Allâh, His Messenger, and those who have believed, as Protectors, then the party of Allâh will be the victorious. [ 2 ]
57. O you who believe! Take not as Auliyâ’ ( protectors and helpers ) those who take your religion as a mockery and fun from among those who received the Scripture ( Jews and Christians ) before you, and nor from among the disbelievers; and fear Allâh if you indeed are true believers.
 (V.5:55) See the footnote of (V.2:43).
 (V.5:56) See the footnotes (A) and (B) of (V.27:59).