Surah Al-An'am | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 141
Sura Al-An'am from 102 to 110
102. Such is Allâh, your Lord! Lâ ilâha illa Huwa ( none has the right to be worshipped but He ) , the Creator of all things. So worship Him ( Alone ) , and He is the Wakîl ( Trustee, Disposer of affairs, Guardian ) over all things.
103. No vision can grasp Him, but He grasps all vision. He is Al- Latîf ( the Most Subtle and Courteous ) , Well- Acquainted with all things.
104. Verily, proofs have come to you from your Lord, so whosoever sees, will do so for ( the good of ) his ownself, and whosoever blinds himself, will do so to his own harm, and I ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) am not a watcher over you.
105. Thus We explain variously the Verses so that they ( the disbelievers ) may say: « You have studied ( the Books of the people of the Scripture and brought this Qur’ân from that ) » and that We may make the matter clear for the people who have knowledge.
106. Follow what has been revealed to you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) from your Lord, Lâ ilâha illa Huwa ( none has the right to be worshipped but He ) and turn aside from Al- Mushrikûn [ 1 ]
107. Had Allâh willed, they would not have taken others besides Him in worship. And We have not made you a watcher over them nor are you a Wakîl ( disposer of affairs, guardian, trustee ) over them.
108. And insult not those whom they ( disbelievers ) worship besides Allâh, lest they insult Allâh wrongfully without knowledge. Thus We have made fair- seeming to each people its own doings; then to their Lord is their return and He shall then inform them of all that they used to do. [ 2 ]
109. And they swear their strongest oaths by Allâh, that if there came to them a sign, they would surely believe therein. Say: « Signs are but with Allâh and what will make you ( Muslims ) perceive that ( even ) if it ( the sign ) came, they will not believe? »
110. And We shall turn their hearts and their eyes away ( from guidance ) , as they refused to believe therein for the first time, and We shall leave them in their trespass to wander blindly.
 (V.6:106). Al-Mushrikûn: polytheists, pagans, idolaters and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh and His Messenger Muhammad (saas).
 (6:108) The tale of the cave:
Narrated Ibn ‘Umar ( raa ) : Allâh’s Messenger ( saas ) said, « Once three persons ( from the previous nations ) were travelling, and suddenly it started raining and they took shelter in a cave. The entrance of the cave got closed ( suddenly by the falling of a huge rock ) while they were inside. They said to each other, ‘O You! Nothing can save you except the truth, so each of you should ask Allâh’s Help by referring to such a deed as he thinks he did sincerely ( i.e., just for gaining Allâh’s Pleasure ) .’ So one of them said, ‘O Allâh! You know that I had a labourer who worked for me for one Faraq ( i.e. three Sâ‘ ) of rice, but he departed, leaving it ( i.e. his wages ) . I sowed that Faraq of rice and with its yield I bought cows ( for him ) . Later on when came to me asking for his wages, I said ( to him ) , ‘Go to those cows and drive them away.’ He said to me, ‘But you have to pay me only a Faraq of rice.’ I said to him, ‘Go to those cows and take them, for they are the product of that Faraq ( of rice ) .’ So he drove them. O Allâh! If you consider that I did that for fear of You, then please remove the rock.’ The rock shifted a bit from the mouth of the cave. The second one said, ‘O Allâh, You know that I had old parents whom I used to provide with the milk of my sheep every night. One night I was delayed and when I came, they had slept, while my wife and children were crying with hunger. I used not to let them ( i.e. my family ) drink unless my parents had drunk first. So I disliked to wake them up and also disliked that they should sleep without drinking it, I kept on waiting ( for them to wake ) till it dawned. O Allâh! If You consider that I did that for fear of You, then please remove the rock.’ So the rock shifted and they could see the sky through it. The ( third ) one said, ‘O Allah! You know that I had a cousin ( i.e. my paternal uncle’s daughter ) who was most beloved to me and I sought to seduce her, but she refused, unless I paid her one- hundred Dinârs ( i.e. gold pieces ) . So I collected the amount and brought it to her, and she allowed me to sleep with her. But when I sat between her legs, she said, ‘Be afraid of Allâh, and do not deflower me but legally.’ ‘I got up and left the hundred Dinârs ( for her ) . O Allâh! If You consider that I did that for fear of You then please remove the rock.’ So Allâh released them ( removed the rock ) and they came out ( of the cave ) . » [ This Hadith indicates that one can only ask Allâh for help directly or through his performed good deeds. But to ask Allâh through the dead or absent ( prophets, saints, spirits, holy men, angels ) is absolutely forbidden in Islâm and it is a kind of polytheism ] . ( Sahih Al- Bukhâri, Vol.4,Hadith No.671 ) .