Surah Al-Maidah | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 120
Sura Al-Ma'idah from 71 to 76
71. They thought there will be no Fitnah ( trial or punishment ) , so they became blind and deaf; after that Allâh turned to them ( with Forgiveness ) ; yet again many of them became blind and deaf. And Allâh is the All- Seer of what they do.
72. Surely, they have disbelieved who say: « Allâh is the Messiah [ ‘Îsâ ( Jesus ) ] , son of Maryam ( Mary ) . » But the Messiah [ ‘Îsâ ( Jesus ) ] said: « O Children of Israel! Worship Allâh, my Lord and your Lord. » Verily, whosoever sets up partners ( in worship ) with Allâh, then Allâh has forbidden Paradise to him, and the Fire will be his abode [ 1 ] . And for the Zâlimûn ( polytheists and wrong- doers ) there are no helpers.
73. Surely, disbelievers are those who said: « Allâh is the third of the three ( in a Trinity ) . » But there is no Ilâh ( god ) ( none who has the right to be worshipped ) but One Ilâh ( God - Allâh ) . And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall on the disbelievers among them.
74. Will they not turn with repentance to Allâh and ask His Forgiveness? For Allâh is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful. [ 2 ]
75. The Messiah [ ‘Îsâ ( Jesus ) ] , son of Maryam ( Mary ) , was no more than a Messenger; many were the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother [ Maryam ( Mary ) ] was a Siddîqah [ i.e. she believed in the Words of Allâh and His Books ( see Verse 66:12 ) ] . They both used to eat food ( as any other human being, while Allâh does not eat ) . Look how We make the Ayât ( proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc. ) clear to them; yet look how they are deluded away ( from the truth ) .
76. Say ( O Muhammad ( saas ) to mankind ) : « How do you worship besides Allâh something which has no power either to harm or benefit you? But it is Allâh Who is the All- Hearer, All- Knower. »
 (V.5:72): See the footnote of the (V.2:165).
 (V.5:74) Narrated Anas bin Mâlik (raa) : Allâh’s Messenger (saas) said; "Allâh is more pleased with the repentance of His slave than anyone of you is pleased with finding his camel which he had lost in a desert." (Sahih Al-Bukhâri, Vol.8, Hadîth No.321).