Surah Ash-Shu'ara' | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 367
Sura Al-Shu'ara from 1 to 19
Sûrat Ash- Shu‘arâ
( The Poets ) XXVI
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. Tâ- Sîn- Mîm.
[These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur’ân, and none but Allâh (Alone) knows their meanings.]
2. These are the Verses of the manifest Book [ ( this Qur’ân ) , which was promised by Allâh in the Taurât ( Torah ) and the Injeel ( Gospel ) , makes things clear ] .
3. It may be that you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) are going to kill yourself with grief, that they do not become believers [ in your Risalah ( Messengership ) i.e. in your Message of Islâmic Monotheism ] . [ 1 ]
4. If We will, We could send down to them from the heaven a sign, to which they would bend their necks in humility.
5. And never comes there unto them a Reminder as a recent revelation from the Most Gracious ( Allâh ) , but they turn away therefrom.
6. So they have indeed denied ( the truth - this Qur’ân ) , then the news of what they mocked at will come to them.
7. Do they not observe the earth - how much of every good kind We cause to grow therein?
8. Verily, in this is an Ayâh ( proof or sign ) , yet most of them ( polytheists, pagans who do not believe in Resurrection ) are not believers.
9. And verily your Lord, He is truly the All- Mighty, the Most Merciful.
10. And ( remember ) when your Lord called Mûsâ ( Moses ) ( saying ) : « Go to the people who are Zâlimûn ( polytheists and wrong- doers ) - »
11. « The people of Fir‘aun ( Pharaoh ) : Will they not fear Allâh and become righteous? »
12. He said: « My Lord! Verily, I fear that they will belie me,»
13. « And my breast straitens, and my tongue expresses not well. So send for Hârûn ( Aaron ) ( to come along with me ) .»
14. « And they have a charge of crime against me, and I fear they will kill me. »
15. ( Allâh ) said: « Nay! Go you both with Our Signs. Verily We shall be with you, listening.»
16. « And go both of you to Fir‘aun ( Pharaoh ) , and say: ‘We are the Messengers of the Lord of the ‘Âlamîn ( mankind, jinn and all that exists ) ,»
17. « So allow the Children of Israel to go with us.’ »
18. [ Fir‘aun ( Pharaoh ) ] said [ to Mûsâ ( Moses ) ] : « Did we not bring you up among us as a child? And you did dwell many years of your life with us.»
19. « And you did your deed, which you did ( i.e. the crime of killing a man ) while you were one of the ingrates. »
 (V.26:3) See the footnote of (V.3:85).