Surah Luqman | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 414
Sura Luqman from 29 to 34
29. See you not ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) that Allâh merges the night into the day ( i.e. the decrease in the hours of the night are added to the hours of the day ) , and merges the day into the night ( i.e. the decrease in the hours of day are added to the hours of night ) , and has subjected the sun and the moon, each running its course for a term appointed; and that Allâh is All- Aware of what you do.
30. That is because Allâh, He is the Truth, and that which they invoke besides Him [ 1 ] is Al- Bâtil ( falsehood, Satan and all other false deities ) ; and that Allâh, He is the Most High, the Most Great.
31. See you not that the ships sail through the sea by Allâh’s Grace that He may show you of His Signs? Verily, in this are signs for every patient, grateful ( person ) .
32. And when a wave covers them like shades ( i.e. like clouds or the mountains of sea- water ) , they invoke Allâh, making their invocations for Him only. But when He brings them safe to land, there are among them those that stop in between ( Belief and disbelief ) . But none denies Our Signs except every perfidious ingrate. [ 2 ]
33. O mankind! Be afraid of your Lord ( by keeping your duty to Him and avoiding all evil ) , and fear a Day when no father can avail aught for his son, nor a son avail aught for his father. Verily, the Promise of Allâh is true: let not then this ( worldly ) present life deceive you, nor let the chief deceiver ( Satan ) deceive you about Allâh.
34. Verily Allâh, with Him ( Alone ) is the knowledge of the Hour, He sends down the rain, and knows that which is in the wombs. No person knows what he will earn tomorrow, and no person knows in what land he will die. Verily, Allâh is All- Knower, All- Aware ( of things ) . [ 3 ]
 (V.31:30) See the footnote of (V.2:165).
 (V.31:32) See the footnote of (V.17:67).
 (V.31:34) See the footnote of (V.7:187).