Surah Al-Fath | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 511
Sura Al-Fath from 1 to 9
Sûrat Al- Fath
( The Victory ) ( XLVIII )
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. Verily, We have given you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) a manifest victory.
2. That Allâh may forgive you your sins of the past and the future, [ 1 ] and complete His Favour on you, and guide you on the Straight Path,
3. And that Allâh may help you with strong help.
4. He it is Who sent down As- Sakînah ( calmness and tranquillity ) into the hearts of the believers, that they may grow more in Faith along with their ( present ) Faith. And to Allâh belong the hosts of the heavens and the earth, and Allâh is Ever All- Knower, All- Wise.
5. That He may admit the believing men and the believing women to Gardens under which rivers flow ( i.e. Paradise ) , to abide therein forever, and He may expiate from them their sins; and that is with Allâh a supreme success,
6. And that He may punish the Munâfiqûn ( hypocrites ) , men and women, and also the Mushrikûn [ 2 ] men and women, who think evil thoughts about Allâh: for them is a disgraceful torment. And the Anger of Allâh is upon them, and He has cursed them and prepared Hell for them - and worst indeed is that destination.
7. And to Allâh belong the hosts of the heavens and the earth. And Allâh is Ever All- Powerful, All- Wise.
8. Verily, We have sent you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) as a witness, as a bearer of glad tidings, and as a warner [ 3 ] .
9. In order that you ( O mankind ) may believe in Allâh and His Messenger ( ( saas ) ) , and that you assist and honour him ( ( saas ) ) , and ( that you ) glorify ( Allâh’s ) praises morning and afternoon.
 (V.48:2) Narrated Al-Mughîrah: The Prophet (saas) used to offer night prayers till his feet became swollen. Somebody said to him, "Allah has forgiven you your sins of the past and the future." On that, He said, " Shouldn‘t I be a thankful slave of Allah?" (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.6, Hadîth No.360).
 (V.48:6) Al-Mushrikûn: Polytheists, pagans, idolaters, and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh and in His Messenger(saas) .
 (V.48:8) See the footnote of (V.2:42).