Surah An-Nisa | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 77
Sura Al-Nisa from 1 to 6
Sûrat An- Nisâ’
( The Women ) IV
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person ( Adam ) , and from him ( Adam ) He created his wife [ Hawwâ ( Eve ) ] , and from them both He created many men and women; and fear Allâh through Whom you demand ( your mutual rights ) , and ( do not cut the relations of ) the wombs ( kinship ) [ 1 ] . Surely, Allâh is Ever an All- Watcher over you.
2. And give unto orphans their property and do not exchange ( your ) bad things for ( their ) good ones; and devour not their substance ( by adding it ) to your substance. Surely, this is a great sin. [ 2 ]
3. And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan- girls then marry ( other ) women of your choice, two or three, or four; but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly ( with them ) , then only one or ( the slaves ) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from doing injustice.
4. And give to the women ( whom you marry ) their Mahr ( obligatory bridal- money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage ) with a good heart; but if they, of their own good pleasure, remit any part of it to you, take it, and enjoy it without fear of any harm ( as Allâh has made it lawful ) .
5. And give not unto the foolish your property which Allâh has made a means of support for you, [ 3 ] but feed and clothe them therewith, and speak to them words of kindness and justice.
6. And try orphans ( as regards their intelligence ) until they reach the age of marriage; if then you find sound judgement in them, release their property to them, but consume it not wastefully and hastily fearing that they should grow up, and whoever ( amongst guardians ) is rich, he should take no wages, but if he is poor, let him have for himself what is just and reasonable ( according to his labour ) . And when you release their property to them, take witness in their presence; and Allâh is All- Sufficient in taking account.
 (V.4:1) See the footnote of (V.2:27).
 (V.4:2). See the footnote of (V.3:130).
 (V.4:5) Narrated Al-Mughîrah bin Shu‘bah (raa) : The Prophet (saas) said, "Allâh has forbidden for you: (1) To be undutiful to your mothers, (2) to bury your daughters alive, (3) not to pay the rights of the others (e.g. Zakât, charity) and (4) to beg of men (i.e. begging). And Allâh has hated for you: (1) Sinful and useless talk like backbiting or that you talk too much about others, (2) to ask too many questions, (in disputed religious matters) and (3) to waste the wealth (by extravagance with lack of wisdom and thinking). (Sahih Al-Bukhâri, Vol.3, Hadîth No.591).