Surah Al-A'raf | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 151
Sura Al-A'raf from 1 to 11
Sûrat Al- A‘râf
[The Heights (or The Walls with Elevations) ] VII
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. Alif- Lâm- Mîm- Sâd. [ These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur’ân and none but Allâh ( Alone ) knows their meanings. ]
2. ( This is the ) Book ( the Qur’ân ) sent down unto you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) , so let not your breast be narrow therefrom, that you warn thereby; and a reminder unto the believers.
3. [ Say ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) to these idolaters ( pagan Arabs ) of your folk: ] Follow what has been sent down unto you from your Lord ( the Qur’ân and Prophet Muhammad’s Sunnah ) , and follow not any Auliyâ’ ( protectors and helpers who order you to associate partners in worship with Allâh ) , besides Him ( Allâh ) . Little do you remember!
4. And a great number of towns ( their population ) We destroyed ( for their crimes ) . Our torment came upon them ( suddenly ) by night or while they were taking their midday nap.
5. No cry did they utter when Our Torment came upon them but this: « Verily, we were Zâlimûn ( polytheists and wrong- doers ) » .
6. Then surely, We shall question those ( people ) to whom it ( the Book ) was sent and verily, We shall question the Messengers.
7. Then surely, We shall narrate unto them ( their whole story ) with knowledge, and indeed We have not been absent.
8. And the weighing on that day ( Day of Resurrection ) will be the true ( weighing ) [ 1 ] . So as for those whose scale ( of good deeds ) will be heavy, they will be the successful ( by entering Paradise ) .
9. And as for those whose scale will be light, they are those who will lose their ownselves ( by entering Hell ) because they denied and rejected Our Ayât ( proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc. ) .
10. And surely, We gave you authority on the earth and appointed for you therein provisions ( for your life ) . Little thanks do you give.
11. And surely, We created you ( your father Adam ) and then gave you shape ( the noble shape of a human being ) ; then We told the angels, « Prostrate yourselves to Adam » , and they prostrated themselves, except Iblîs ( Satan ) , he refused to be of those who prostrated themselves.
 (V.7:8) The Statement of Allâh (Lord Almighty and Exalted):
« And We shall set up balances of justice on the Day of Resurrection. » ( V.21:47 ) .
The deeds and the statement of Adam’s offspring will be weighed.
Narrated Abu Hurairah ( raa ) : The Prophet ( saas ) said, ( There are ) two words ( expressions or sayings ) which are dear to the Most Gracious ( Allâh ) and very easy for the tongue to say, but very heavy in the balance. They are:
Subhân Allâhi- wa bihamdihi - Subhân Allâhil- ‘Azîm’ « ( Sahih Al- Bukhârî, Vol. 9. hadîth No.652 ) .»
‘Glorified be Allâh and praised be He’ - ‘Glorified be Allâh, the Most Great.’ ( or I deem Allâh above all those unsuitable things ascribed to Him, and free Him from resembling anything whatsoever, and I glorify His Praises! I deem Allâh, the Most Great above all those unsuitable things ascribed to Him and free Him from resembling anything whatsoever ) .