Surah Hood | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 226
Sura Hud from 38 to 45
38. And as he was constructing the ship, whenever the chiefs of his people passed by him, they mocked at him. He said: « If you mock at us, so do we mock at you likewise for your mocking.»
39. « And you will know who it is on whom will come a torment that will cover him with disgrace and on whom will fall a lasting torment. »
40. ( So it was ) till when Our Command came and the oven gushed forth ( water like fountains from the earth ) . We said: « Embark therein, of each kind two ( male and female ) , and your family - except him against whom the Word has already gone forth - and those who believe. And none believed with him, except a few. »
41. And he [ Nûh ( Noah ) ( as ) ] said: « Embark therein: in the Name of Allâh will be its ( moving ) course and its ( resting ) anchorage. Surely, my Lord is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful. » ( Tafsir At- Tabarî )
42. So it ( the ship ) sailed with them amidst waves like mountains, and Nûh ( Noah ) called out to his son, who had separated himself ( apart ) : « O my son! Embark with us and be not with the disbelievers. »
43. ( The son ) replied: « I will betake myself to some mountain; it will save me from the water. » Nûh ( Noah ) said: « This day there is no saviour [ 1 ] from the Decree of Allâh except him on whom He has mercy. » And waves came in between them, so he ( the son ) was among the drowned.
44. And it was said: « O earth! Swallow up your water, and O sky! Withhold ( your rain ) . » And the water was made to subside and the Decree ( of Allâh ) was fulfilled ( i.e. the destruction of the people of Nûh ( Noah ) . And it ( the ship ) rested on ( Mount ) Jûdî, and it was said: « Away with the people who are Zalimûn ( polytheists and wrong- doers ) ! »
45. And Nûh ( Noah ) called upon his Lord and said, « O my Lord! Verily, my son is of my family! And certainly, Your Promise is true, and You are the Most Just of the judges. »
 (V.11:43) Narrated Abu Sa‘îd Al-Khudrî that the Prophet (saas) said, "No Caliph is appointed but has two groups of advisors: One group advises him to do good and urges him to adopt it, and the other group advises him to do bad and urges him to adopt it: and Al-Ma‘sûm (the sinless or the saved or the protected) is the one whom Allâh protects." (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.8, Hadith No.608).