Surah إبراهيم | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 261
Sura Ibrahim from 43 to 52
43. ( They will be ) hastening forward with necks outstretched, their heads raised up ( towards the sky ) , their gaze returning not towards them and their hearts empty ( from thinking because of extreme fear ) .
44. And warn ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) mankind of the Day when the torment will come unto them; then the wrong- doers will say: « Our Lord! Respite us for a little while, we will answer Your Call and follow the Messengers! » ( It will be said ) : « Had you not sworn aforetime that you would not leave ( the world for the Hereafter ) .»
45. « And you dwelt in the dwellings of men who wronged themselves, and it was clear to you how We had dealt with them. And We put forth ( many ) parables for you. »
46. Indeed, they planned their plot, and their plot was with Allâh, though their plot was not such as to remove the mountains ( real mountains or the Islâmic law ) from their places ( as it is of no importance ) [ Tafsir Ibn Kathir ] [ 1 ] .
47. So think not that Allâh will fail to keep His Promise to His Messengers. Certainly, Allâh is All- Mighty, All- Able of Retribution.
48. On the Day when the earth will be changed to another earth and so will be the heavens, and they ( all creatures ) will appear before Allâh, the One, the Irresistible.
49. And you will see the Mujrimûn ( criminals, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism, polytheists ) that Day Muqarranûn [ 2 ] ( bound together ) in fetters.
50. Their garments will be of pitch, and fire will cover their faces.
51. That Allâh may requite each person according to what he has earned. Truly, Allâh is Swift at reckoning.
52. This ( Qur’an ) is a Message for mankind ( and a clear proof against them ) , in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is the only One Ilâh ( God - Allâh ) - ( none has the right to be worshipped but Allâh ) - and that men of understanding may take heed.
 (V.14:46) It is said by some interpreters regarding this Verse that the Quraish pagans plotted against Prophet Muhammad (saas) to kill him but they failed and were unable to carry out their plot which they plotted.
 (V.14:49) Muqarranûn in fetters mean with their hands and feet tied to their necks with chains.