Surah Al-Hijr | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 262
Sura Al-Hijr from 1 to 15
Sûrat A- Hijr
( The Rocky Tract ) XV
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. Alif- Lâm- Râ. [ These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur’ân, and none but Allâh ( Alone ) knows their meanings ] .These are Verses of the Book and a plain Qur’ân.
2. How much would those who disbelieved wish that they had been Muslims [ those who have submitted themselves to Allâh’s Will in Islâm i.e. Islâmic Monotheism - this will be on the Day of Resurrection when they will see the disbelievers going to Hell and the Muslims going to Paradise ] . [ 1 ]
3. Leave them to eat and enjoy, and let them be preoccupied with ( false ) hope. They will come to know!
4. And never did We destroy a township but there was a known decree for it.
5. No nation can advance its term, nor delay it.
6. And they say: « O you ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) to whom the Dhikr ( the Qur’ân ) has been sent down! Verily, you are a mad man!»
7. « Why do you not bring angels to us if you are of the truthful? »
8. We send not the angels down except with the truth ( i.e. for torment ) , and in that case, they ( the disbelievers ) would have no respite!
9. Verily, We, it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr ( i.e. the Qur’ân ) and surely, We will guard it ( from corruption ) [ 2 ] .
10. Indeed, We sent ( Messengers ) before you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) amongst the sects ( communities ) of old.
11. And never came a Messenger to them but they did mock at him.
12. Thus do We let it ( polytheism and disbelief ) enter the hearts of the Mujrimûn [ criminals, polytheists and pagans ( because of their mocking at the Messengers ) ] .
13. They would not believe in it ( the Qur’ân ) ; and already the example of ( Allâh’s punishment of ) the ancients ( who disbelieved ) has gone forth.
14. And even if We opened to them a gate from the heaven and they were to keep on ascending thereto ( all the day long )
15. They would surely say ( in the evening ) : « Our eyes have been ( as if ) dazzled ( we have not seen any angel or heaven ) . Nay, we are a people bewitched. »
 (V.15:2): See the footnote of (V.3:85).
 (V.15:9) This Verse is a challenge to mankind and everyone is obliged to believe in the miracles of this Qur’ân. It is a clear fact that more than 1400 years have elapsed and not a single word of this Qur’ân has been changed, although the disbelievers tried their utmost to change it in every way, but they failed miserably in their efforts. As it is mentioned in this holy Verse: "We will guard it." By Allâh! He has guarded it. On the contrary, all the other holy Books [the Taurât (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel).] have been corrupted in the form of additions or subtractions or alterations in the original text.