Surah Al-Isra | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 282
Sura Al-Asra from 1 to 7
Sûrat Al- Isrâ’
( The Journey by Night ) XVII
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. Glorified ( and Exalted ) be He ( Allâh ) [ above all that ( evil ) they associate with Him ] Who took His slave ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) for a journey by night from Al- Masjid- al- Harâm ( at Makkah ) to Al- Masjid- al- Aqsâ ( in Jerusalem ) , the neighbourhood whereof We have blessed, in order that We might show him ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) of Our Ayât ( proofs, evidence, lessons, signs, etc. ) . Verily, He is the All- Hearer, the All- Seer [ 1 ] .
2. And We gave Mûsâ ( Moses ) the Scripture and made it a guidance for the Children of Israel ( saying ) : « Take none other than Me as ( your ) Wakîl ( Protector, Lord or Disposer of your affairs ) .»
3. « O offspring of those whom We carried ( in the ship ) with Nûh ( Noah ) ! Verily, he was a grateful slave. »
4. And We decreed for the Children of Israel in the Scripture: indeed you would do mischief in the land twice and you will become tyrants and extremely arrogant!
5. So, when the promise came for the first of the two, We sent against you slaves of Ours given to terrible warfare. They entered the very innermost parts of your homes. And it was a promise ( completely ) fulfilled.
6. Then We gave you a return of victory over them. And We helped you with wealth and children and made you more numerous in man- power.
7. ( And We said ) : « If you do good, you do good for your ownselves, and if you do evil ( you do it ) against yourselves. » Then, when the second promise came to pass, ( We permitted your enemies ) to disgrace your faces and to enter the mosque ( of Jerusalem ) as they had entered it before, and to destroy with utter destruction all that fell in their hands.
 (V.17:1) Narrated Jâbir bin ‘Abdullâh (raa) that he heard Allâh’s Messenger (saas) saying, "When the people of Quraish did not believe me [i.e. in the story of my Isrâ’ - (Night Journey)], I stood up in Al-Hijr and Allâh displayed Jerusalem in front of me, and I began describing it to them while I was looking at it. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.5, Hadith No.226).