Surah Al-Isra | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 283
Sura Al-Asra from 8 to 17
8. [ And We said in the Taurât ( Torah ) ] : « It may be that your Lord may show mercy unto you, but if you return ( to sins ) , We shall return ( to Our Punishment ) . And We have made Hell a prison for the disbelievers.»
9. Verily, this Qur’ân guides to that which is most just and right and gives glad tidings to the believers ( in the Oneness of Allâh and His Messenger, Muhammad ( saas ) ) , who work deeds of righteousness, that they shall have a great reward ( Paradise ) .
10. And that those who believe not in the Hereafter, for them We have prepared a painful torment ( Hell ) .
11. And man invokes ( Allâh ) for evil as he invokes ( Allâh ) for good and man is ever hasty [ i.e., if he is angry with somebody, he invokes ( saying ) : « O Allâh! Curse him » and that one should not do, but one should be patient ] .
12. And We have appointed the night and the day as two Ayât ( signs etc. ) . Then, We have obliterated the sign of the night ( with darkness ) while We have made the sign of the day illuminating, that you may seek bounty from your Lord, and that you may know the number of the years and the reckoning. And We have explained everything ( in detail ) with full explanation.
13. And We have fastened every man’s deeds [ 1 ] to his neck, and on the Day of Resurrection, We shall bring out for him a book which he will find wide open.
14. ( It will be said to him ) : « Read your book. You yourself are sufficient as a reckoner against you this Day. »
15. Whoever goes right, then he goes right only for the benefit of his ownself. And whoever goes astray, then he goes astray to his own loss. No one laden with burdens can bear another’s burden. And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger ( to give warning ) .
16. And when We decide to destroy a town ( population ) , We ( first ) send a definite order ( to obey Allâh and be righteous ) to those among them [ or We ( first ) increase in number those of its population ] who lead a life of luxury. Then, they transgress therein, and thus the word ( of torment ) is justified against it ( them ) . Then We destroy it with complete destruction.
17. And how many generations have We destroyed after Nûh ( Noah ) ! And Sufficient is your Lord as an All- Knower and All- Beholder of the sins of His slaves.
 (V.17:13) Narrated Ibn Mas‘ûd (raa): A man asked the Prophet (saas) "What deeds are the best?" The Prophet (saas) said; (1) To perform the (daily compulsory) Salât (prayers) at their (early) stated fixed times; (2) To be good and dutiful to one’s own parents (3) and to participate in Jihâd in Allâh’s Cause." (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.9, Hadith No.625).