Surah Al-Isra | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 292
Sura Al-Asra from 97 to 104
97. And he whom Allâh guides, he is led aright; but he whom He sends astray, for such you will find no Auliyâ’ ( helpers and protectors ) , besides Him, and We shall gather them together on the Day of Resurrection on their faces, [ 1 ] blind, dumb and deaf; their abode will be Hell; whenever it abates, We shall increase for them the fierceness of the Fire.
98. That is their recompense, because they denied Our Ayât ( proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc. ) and said: « When we are bones and fragments, shall we really be raised up as a new creation? »
99. See they not that Allâh, Who created the heavens and the earth, is Able to create the like of them. And He has decreed for them an appointed term, whereof there is no doubt. But the Zâlimûn ( polytheists and wrong- doers ) refuse ( the truth - the Message of Islâmic Monotheism, and accept nothing ) but disbelief.
100. Say ( to the disbelievers ) : « If you possessed the treasure of the Mercy of my Lord ( wealth, money, provision. ) , then you would surely hold back ( from spending ) for fear of ( being exhausted ) , and man is ever miserly! »
101. And indeed We gave Mûsâ ( Moses ) nine clear signs. Ask then the Children of Israel, when he came to them, then Fir‘aun ( Pharaoh ) said to him: « O Mûsâ ( Moses ) ! I think you are indeed bewitched. »
102. [ Mûsâ ( Moses ) ] said: « Verily, you know that these signs have been sent down by none but the Lord of the heavens and the earth ( as clear evidence i.e. proofs of Allâh’s Oneness and His Omnipotence. ) . And I think you are, indeed, O Fir‘aun ( Pharaoh ) doomed to destruction ( away from all good ) ! »
103. So he resolved to turn them out of the land ( of Egypt ) . But We drowned him and all who were with him.
104. And We said to the Children of Israel after him: « Dwell in the land, then, when the final and the last promise comes near [ i.e. the Day of Resurrection or the descent of Christ [ ‘Îsâ ( Jesus ) , son of Maryam ( Mary ) ( as ) on the earth ] , We shall bring you altogether as mixed crowd ( gathered out of various nations ) . ( Tafsir Al- Qurtubî, ) .»
 (V.17:97) Narrated Anas bin Mâlik (raa): A man said, "O Allâh’s Prophet! Will Allâh gather a disbeliever (prone) on his face on the Day of Resurrection?" He (saas) said, "Will not the One Who made him walk on his feet in this world, be able to make him walk on his face on the Day of Resurrection?" (Qatâdah, a subnarrator, said: "Yes, by the Power of Our Lord!") (Sahih Al Bukhri, Vol. 6, Hadith No.283).