Surah Maryam | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 306
Sura Maryam from 12 to 25
12. ( It was said to his son ) : « O Yahyâ ( John ) ! Hold fast the Scripture [ the Taurât ( Torah ) ] . » And We gave him wisdom while yet a child.
13. And ( made him ) sympathetic to men as a mercy ( or a grant ) from Us, and pure from sins [ i.e. Yahyâ ( John ) ] and he was righteous,
14. And dutiful towards his parents, and he was neither arrogant nor disobedient ( to Allâh or to his parents ) .
15. And Salâm ( peace ) be on him the day he was born, and the day he dies, and the day he will be raised up to life ( again ) !
16. And mention in the Book ( the Qur’ân, O Muhammad ( saas ) the story of ) Maryam ( Mary ) , when she withdrew in seclusion from her family to a place facing east.
17. She placed a screen ( to screen herself ) from them; then We sent to her Our Ruh [ angel Jibrîl ( Gabriel ) ] , and he appeared before her in the form of a man in all respects.
18. She said: « Verily! I seek refuge with the Most Gracious ( Allâh ) from you, if you do fear Allâh. »
19. ( The angel ) said: « I am only a messenger from your Lord, ( to announce ) to you the gift of a righteous son. »
20. She said: « How can I have a son, when no man has touched me, nor am I unchaste? »
21. He said: « So ( it will be ) , your Lord said: ‘That is easy for Me ( Allâh ) : And ( We wish ) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us ( Allâh ) , and it is a matter ( already ) decreed, ( by Allâh ) .’ »
22. So she conceived him, [ 1 ] and she withdrew with him to a far place ( i.e. Bethlehem valley about 4- 6 miles from Jerusalem ) .
23. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date- palm. She said: « Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight! »
24. Then [ the babe ‘Îsâ ( Jesus ) or Jibrîl ( Gabriel ) ] cried unto her from below her, saying: « Grieve not: your Lord has provided a water stream under you.»
25. « And shake the trunk of date- palm towards you, it will let fall fresh ripe- dates upon you. »
 (V.19:22) "And (remember) she who guarded her chastity [Virgin Maryam (Mary)], We breathed into (the sleeves of) her (shirt or garment) [through Our Rûh (Jibrîl - Gabriel)]*, and We made her and her son [‘Îsâ (Jesus)] a sign for Al-‘Âlamîn (the mankind and jinn)." [The Qur’ân, Verse 21:91]
* It is said that Jibrîl ( Gabriel ) had merely breathed in the sleeve of Maryam’s ( Mary ) shirt, and thus she conceived.