Surah AlAhzab | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 419
Sura Al-Ahzab from 7 to 15
7. And ( remember ) when We took from the Prophets their covenant, and from you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) , and from Nûh ( Noah ) , Ibrâhîm ( Abraham ) , Mûsâ ( Moses ) , and ‘Îsâ ( Jesus ) son of Maryam ( Mary ) . We took from them a strong covenant. [ 1 ]
8. That He may ask the truthful ( Allâh’s Messengers and His Prophets ) about their truth ( i.e. the conveyance of Allâh’s Message that which they were charged with ) . And He has prepared for the disbelievers a painful torment ( Hell- fire ) .
9. O you who believe! Remember Allâh’s Favour to you, when there came against you hosts, and We sent against them a wind and forces that you saw not [ i.e. troops of angels during the battle of Al- Ahzâb ( the Confederates ) ] . And Allâh is Ever All- Seer of what you do.
10. When they came upon you from above you and from below you, and when the eyes grew wild and the hearts reached to the throats, and you were harbouring doubts about Allâh.
11. There, the believers were tried and shaken with a mighty shaking.
12. And when the hypocrites and those in whose hearts is a disease ( of doubts ) said: « Allâh and His Messenger ( ( saas ) ) promised us nothing but delusion! »
13. And when a party of them said: « O people of Yathrib ( Al- Madinah ) ! There is no stand ( possible ) for you ( against the enemy attack! ) Therefore go back! » And a band of them ask for permission of the Prophet ( ( saas ) ) saying: « Truly, our homes lie open ( to the enemy ) . » And they lay not open. They but wished to flee.
14. And if the enemy had entered from all sides ( of the city ) , and they had been exhorted to Al- Fitnah ( i.e. to renegade from Islâm to polytheism ) , they would surely have committed it and would have hesitated thereupon but little.
15. And indeed they had already made a covenant with Allâh not to turn their backs, and a covenant with Allâh must be answered for.
 (V.33:7) There are many Prophets and Messengers of Allâh. About twenty-five of them are mentioned in the Qur’an; out of these twenty-five, only five are of strong will: namely (Muhammad (saas), Nûh (Noah), Ibrâhîm (Abraham), Mûsâ (Moses) and ‘Îsâ (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) (as)).
Page No 419 Download and Listen mp3