Surah AlAhzab | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 418
Sura Al-Ahzab from 1 to 6
Sûrat Al- Ahzâb
( The Confederates ) XXXIII
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. O Prophet ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) ! Keep your duty to Allâh, and obey not the disbelievers and the hypocrites ( i.e., do not follow their advice ) . Verily, Allâh is Ever All- Knower, All- Wise.
2. And follow that which is revealed to you from your Lord. Verily, Allâh is Well- Acquainted with what you do.
3. And put your trust in Allâh, and Sufficient is Allâh as a Wakîl ( Trustee, or Disposer of affairs ) .
4. Allâh has not made for any man two hearts inside his body. Neither has He made your wives whom you declare to be like your mothers’ backs, your real mothers. [ az- Zihâr is the saying of a husband to his wife, « You are to me like the back of my mother » i.e. You are unlawful for me to approach ] , [ 1 ] nor has He made your adopted sons your real sons. That is but your saying with your mouths. But Allâh says the truth, and He guides to the ( Right ) Way.
5. Call them ( adopted sons ) by ( the names of ) their fathers: that is more just with Allâh. But if you know not their father’s ( names, call them ) your brothers in faith and Mawâlîkum ( your freed slaves ) . And there is no sin on you concerning that in which you made a mistake [ 2 ] , except in regard to what your hearts deliberately intend. And Allâh is Ever Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful.
6. The Prophet is closer to the believers than their ownselves, [ 3 ] and his wives are their ( believers’ ) mothers ( as regards respect and marriage ) . And blood relations among each other have closer personal ties in the Decree of Allâh ( regarding inheritance ) than ( the brotherhood of ) the believers and the Muhâjirûn ( emigrants from Makkah ) , except that you do kindness to those brothers ( when the Prophet ( saas ) joined them in brotherhood ties ) . This has been written in the ( Allâh’s Book of Divine ) Decrees - ( Al- Lauh Al- Mahfûz ) . « »
 (V.33:4) See the Qur’ân (V58:3 & 4).
 (V.33:5) See the footnote of (V.18:73).
 (V.33:6) Narrated ‘Abdullâh bin Hishâm (raa): We were with the Prophet (saas) and he was holding the hand of ‘Umar bin Al-Khattâb. ‘Umar said to Him. "O Allâh’s Messenger! You are dearer to me than everything except my ownself." The Prophet (saas) said, "No, by Him in Whose Hand my soul is, (you will not have complete Faith) till I am dearer to you than your ownself." Then ‘Umar said to him, now, by Allâh, you are dearer to me than my ownself." The Prophet said, " Now, O ‘Umar, (now you are a believer)." Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.8, Hadîth No.682).
Page No 418 Download and Listen mp3