Surah Al-Mujadilah | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 542
Sura Al-Mujadalah from 1 to 6
Sûrat Al- Mujâdilah
( The Woman Who Disputes ) LVIII
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. Indeed Allâh has heard the statement of her ( Khaulah bint Tha‘labah ) that disputes with you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) concerning her husband ( Aus bin As- Sâmit ) , and complains to Allâh. And Allâh hears the argument between you both. Verily, Allâh is All- Hearer, All- Seer.
2. Those among you who make their wives unlawful to them by Zihâr [ 1 ] ( i.e. by saying to them « You are like my mother’s back, » ) they cannot be their mothers. None can be their mothers except those who gave them birth. And verily, they utter an ill word and a lie. And verily, Allâh is Oft- Pardoning, Oft- Forgiving.
3. And those who make unlawful to them their wives by Zihâr and wish to free themselves from what they uttered, ( the penalty ) in that case is the freeing of a slave before they touch each other. That is an admonition to you ( so that you may not repeat such an ill thing ) . And Allâh is All- Aware of what you do.
4. And he who finds not ( the money for freeing a slave ) must fast two successive months before they both touch each other. And he who is unable to do so, should feed sixty Miskîns ( poor ) . That is in order that you may have perfect Faith in Allâh and His Messenger. These are the limits set by Allâh. And for disbelievers, there is a painful torment.
5. Verily, those who oppose Allâh and His Messenger ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) [ 2 ] will be disgraced, as those before them ( among the past nation ) were disgraced. And We have sent down clear Ayât ( proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc. ) . And for the disbelievers is a disgracing torment.
6. On the Day when Allâh will resurrect them all together ( i.e. on the Day of Resurrection ) and inform them of what they did. Allâh has kept account of it, while they have forgotten it. And Allâh is Witness over all things.
 (V.58:2) Az-Zihâr is the saying of a husband to his wife: You are to me like the back of my mother (i.e. unlawful for me to approach).
 (V.58:5) See the footnote of (V.3:85).
Page No 542 Download and Listen mp3