Surah Nooh | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 570
Sura Al-Ma'arji from 40 to 10
40. So I swear by the Lord of all the [ three hundred and sixty- five ( 365 ) ] points of sunrise and sunset in the east and the west that surely We are Able
41. To replace them by ( others ) better than them; and We are not to be outrun.
42. So leave them to plunge in vain talk [ 1 ] and play about, until they meet their Day which they are promised -
43. The Day when they will come out of the graves quickly as racing to a goal,
44. With their eyes lowered in fear and humility, ignominy covering them ( all over ) ! That is the Day which they were promised!
( Noah ) LXXI
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. Verily, We sent Nûh ( Noah ) to his people ( saying ) : « Warn your people before there comes to them a painful torment. »
2. He said: « O my people! Verily, I am a plain warner to you,»
3. « That you should worship Allâh ( Alone ) , fear ( be dutiful to ) Him, and obey me,»
4. « He ( Allâh ) will forgive you of your sins and respite you to an appointed term. Verily, the term of Allâh when it comes, cannot be delayed, if you but knew. »
5. He said: « O my Lord! Verily, I have called to my people night and day ( i.e. secretly and openly to accept the doctrine of Islâmic Monotheism ) , [ 2 ] »
6. « But all my calling added nothing but to ( their ) flight ( from the truth ) .»
7. And verily, every time I called unto them that You might forgive them, they thrust their fingers into their ears, covered themselves up with their garments, and persisted ( in their refusal ) , and magnified themselves in pride.
8. « Then verily, I called to them openly ( aloud ) .»
9. « Then verily, I proclaimed to them in public, and I have appealed to them in private.»
10. « I said ( to them ) : ‘Ask forgiveness from your Lord, verily, He is Oft- Forgiving;»
 (V.70:42) See the footnote of (V.4:5).
 (V.71:5) See the footnote of (V.2:143).