Surah At-Takwir | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 586
Sura Al-Takwir from 1 to 29
Sûrat At- Takwîr
( Wound Round and Lost its Light ) LXXXI
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. When the sun is wound round and its light is lost and is overthrown. [ 1 ]
2. And when the stars fall.
3. And when the mountains are made to pass away;
4. And when the pregnant she- camels are neglected;
5. And when the wild beasts are gathered together.
6. And when the seas become as blazing Fire or overflow.
7. And when the souls are joined with their bodies, ( the good with the good and the bad with the bad ) .
8. And when the female ( infant ) buried alive ( as the pagan Arabs used to do ) is questioned: [ 2 ]
9. For what sin, was she killed?
10. And when the ( written ) pages [ of deeds ( good and bad ) of every person ] are laid open.
11. And when the heaven is stripped off and taken away from its place;
12. And when Hell- fire is set ablaze.
13. And when Paradise is brought near.
14. ( Then ) every person will know what he has brought ( of good and evil ) .
15. So verily, I swear by the planets that recede ( i.e. disappear during the day and appear during the night ) .
16. And by the planets that move swiftly and hide themselves.
17. And by the night as it departs.
18. And by the dawn as it brightens.
19. Verily, this is the Word ( this Qur’ân brought by ) a most honourable messenger [ Jibrîl ( Gabrîl ) , from Allâh to Prophet Muhammad ( saas ) ] .
20. Owner of power, ( and high rank ) with ( Allâh ) , the Lord of the Throne,
21. Obeyed ( by the angels in the heavens ) , and trustworthy.
22. And ( O people ) your companion ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) is not a madman.
23. And indeed he ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) saw him [ Jibrîl ( Gabriel ) ] in the clear horizon ( towards the east ) .
24. And he ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) withholds not a knowledge of the Unseen.
25. And it ( the Qur’ân ) is not the word of the outcast Shaitân ( Satan ) .
26. Then where are you going?
27. Verily, this ( the Qur’ân ) is no less than a Reminder to ( all ) the ‘Âlamîn ( mankind and jinn ) [ 3 ]
28. To whomsoever among you who wills to walk straight.
29. And you cannot will unless ( it be ) that Allâh wills - the Lord of the ‘Âlamîn ( mankind, jinn and all that exists ) .
 (V.81:1) Narrated Abu Hurairah (raa): The Prophet (saas) said, "The sun and the moon will be folded up (or joined together or deprived of their lights) on the Day of Resurrection." [See the Qur’ân (V.75:9)] (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.4, Hadith No.422).
 (V.81:8) Narrated Al-Mughîrah bin Shu‘bah (raa): The Prophet (saas) said, "Allâh has forbidden for you: (1) to be undutiful to your mothers, (2) to bury your daughters alive, (3) not to pay the rights of the others (e.g., charity), and (4) to beg of men (i.e., begging). And Allâh hates for you: (1) sinful and useless talk like backbiting, or that you talk too much about others, (2) to ask too many questions (in disputed religious matters), and (3) to waste the wealth (by extravagance with lack of wisdom and thinking)." (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.3, Hadith No.591).
a ) Narrated Abu Hurairah ( raa ) : The Prophet ( saas ) said, « There was no Prophet among the Prophets but was given miracles because of which people had security or had belief, but what I have been given is the Divine Revelation which Allâh has revealed to me. So I hope that my followers will be more than those of any other Prophet on the Day of Resurrection. » ( Sahih Al- Bukhari, Vol.9, Hadith No.379 )
b ) It is obligatory to have Belief in the Messengership of the Prophet ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) .
Narrated Abu Hurairah ( raa ) : Allâh’s Messenger ( saas ) said: « By Him ( Allâh ) in Whose Hand Muhammad’s soul is, there is none from amongst the Jews and Christians ( of these present nations ) who hears about me and then dies without believing in the Message with which I have been sent ( i.e. Islâmic Monotheism ) , but he will be from the dwellers of the ( Hell ) Fire. » ( Sahih Muslim , the Book of Faith, Vol.1, Chapter No.240 ) . See also ( V.3:85 ) and ( V.3:116 ) .
The site of Surat Quran has been established as a humble gesture to serve the holy Quran , the Sunnah, the interest of the students of science and the facilitation of the forensic sciences on the curriculum of the book and the Sunnah. We are happy to support you and appreciate your concern for our continuation and ask God to accept us and make our work pure .Download the Holy Quran