Surah Al-Hijr | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 263
Sura Al-Hijr from 16 to 31
16. And indeed, We have put the big stars in the heaven and We beautified it for the beholders. [ 1 ]
17. And We have guarded it ( near heaven ) from every outcast Shaitân ( devil ) .
18. Except him ( devil ) who steals the hearing then he is pursued by a clear flaming fire.
19. And the earth We have spread out, and have placed therein firm mountains, and caused to grow therein all kinds of things in due proportion.
20. And We have provided therein means of living, for you and for those whom you provide not [ moving ( living ) creatures, cattle, beasts, and other animals ] .
21. And there is not a thing, but with Us are the stores thereof. And We send it not down except in a known measure.
22. And We send the winds fertilizing ( to fill heavily the clouds with water ) , then cause the water ( rain ) to descend from the sky, and We give it to you to drink, and it is not you who are the owners of its stores [ i.e. to give water to whom you like or to withhold it from whom you like ] .
23. And certainly We! We it is Who give life, and cause death, [ 2 ] and We are the Inheritors.
24. And indeed, We know the first generations of you who had passed away, and indeed, We know the present generations of you ( mankind ) , and also those who will come afterwards.
25. And verily, your Lord will gather them together. Truly, He is All- Wise, All- Knowing.
26. And indeed, We created man from dried ( sounding ) clay of altered mud.
27. And the jinn, We created aforetime from the smokeless flame of fire.
28. And ( remember ) when your Lord said to the angels: « I am going to create a man ( Adam ) from dried ( sounding ) clay of altered mud.»
29. « So, when I have fashioned him completely and breathed into him ( Adam ) the soul which I created for him, then fall ( you ) down prostrating yourselves unto him. »
30. So the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together.
31. Except Iblîs ( Satan ) - he refused to be among the prostrators.
 (V.15:16) See the footnote of (V.6:97).
 (V.15:23) Narrated Abu Hurairah (raa): Allâh’s Messenger (saas) said: "When a person is dead, his deeds cease (are stopped) except three:
a ) Deeds of continuous Sadaqah ( act of charity ) , e.g. an orphan home or a well for giving water to drink.
b ) ( Written ) knowledge with which mankind gets benefit.
c ) A righteous, pious son ( or daughter ) who begs Allâh to forgive his ( or her ) parents. « »
( Sahih Muslim, The Book of Wasâyâ ( Wills and Testaments ) .