Surah An-Nahl | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 273
Sura Al-Nahl from 55 to 64
55. So ( as a result of that ) they deny ( with ungratefulness ) that ( Allâh’s Favours ) which We have bestowed on them! Then enjoy yourselves ( your short stay ) , but you will come to know ( with regrets ) .
56. And they assign a portion of that which We have provided them unto what they know not ( false deities ) . By Allâh, you shall certainly be questioned about ( all ) that you used to fabricate.
57. And they assign daughters unto Allâh! - Glorified ( and Exalted ) is He above all that they associate with Him! And unto themselves what they desire;
58. And when the news of ( the birth of ) a female ( child ) is brought to any of them, his face becomes dark, and he is filled with inward grief!
59. He hides himself from the people because of the evil of that whereof he has been informed. Shall he keep her with dishonour or bury her in the earth [ 1 ] ? Certainly, evil is their decision.
60. For those who believe not in the Hereafter is an evil description, and for Allâh is the highest description. And He is the All- Mighty, the All- Wise.
61. And if Allâh were to seize mankind for their wrong- doing, He would not leave on it ( the earth ) a single moving ( living ) creature, but He postpones them for an appointed term and when their term comes, neither can they delay nor can they advance it an hour ( or a moment ) .
62. They assign to Allâh that which they dislike ( for themselves ) , and their tongues assert the falsehood that the better things will be theirs. No doubt for them is the Fire, and they will be the first to be hastened on into it, and left there neglected. ( Tafsir Al- Qurtubî )
63. By Allâh, We indeed sent ( Messengers ) to the nations before you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) , but Shaitân ( Satan ) made their deeds fair- seeming to them. So he ( Satan ) is their Wali ( helper ) today ( i.e. in this world ) , and theirs will be a painful torment.
64. And We have not sent down the Book ( the Qur’an ) to you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) , except that you may explain clearly unto them those things in which they differ, and ( as ) a guidance and a mercy for a folk who believe.
 (V.16:59) Narrated Al-Mughirah: The Prophet (saas) used to forbid (1) Qîl and Qâl (sinful and useless talk like backbiting, or that you talk too much about others); (2) asking too many questions (in disputed religious matters); (3) and wasting one’s wealth (by extravagance) (4) and to be undutiful to one’s mother (5) and to bury the daughters alive (6) and to prevent your favours (benevolence) to others (i.e. not to pay the rights of others: Zakât, charity). (7) and to beg of men or to ask others for something (except when it is unavoidable). (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.9, Hadith No.395).