Surah Al-Kahf | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 294
Sura Al-Kahf from 5 to 15
5. No knowledge have they of such a thing, nor had their fathers. Mighty is the word that comes out of their mouths [ i.e. He begot sons and daughters ] . They utter nothing but a lie [ 1 ] .
6. Perhaps, you, would kill yourself ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) in grief, over their footsteps ( for their turning away from you ) , because they believe not in this narration ( the Qur’ân ) .
7. Verily! We have made that which is on earth as an adornment for it, in order that We may test them ( mankind ) as to which of them are best in deeds. [ i.e. those who do good deeds in the most perfect manner, that means to do them ( deeds ) totally for Allâh’s sake and in accordance to the legal ways of the Prophet ( saas ) ] .
8. And verily We shall make all that is on it ( the earth ) a bare dry soil ( without any vegetation or trees. ) .
9. Do you think that the people of the Cave and the Inscription ( the news or the names of the people of the Cave ) were a wonder among Our Signs?
10. ( Remember ) when the young men fled for refuge ( from their disbelieving folk ) to the Cave. They said: « Our Lord! Bestow on us mercy from Yourself, and facilitate for us our affair in the right way! »
11. Therefore We covered up their ( sense of ) hearing ( causing them to go in deep sleep ) in the Cave for a number of years.
12. Then We raised them up ( from their sleep ) , that We might test which of the two parties was best at calculating the time period that they had tarried.
13. We narrate unto you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) their story with truth: Truly they were young men who believed in their Lord ( Allâh ) , and We increased them in guidance.
14. And We made their hearts firm and strong ( with the light of Faith in Allâh and bestowed upon them patience to bear the separation of their kith and kin and dwellings ) when they stood up and said: « Our Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth, never shall we call upon any ilâh ( god ) other than Him; if we did, we should indeed have uttered an enormity in disbelief.»
15. « These our people have taken for worship âlihah ( gods ) other than Him ( Allâh ) . Why do they not bring for them a clear authority? And who does more wrong than he who invents a lie against Allâh.»
 (V.18:5): see the footnote of V.2:116.