Surah Al-Anbiya' | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 322
Sura Al-Anbiya from 1 to 10
Sûrat Al- Anbiyâ’
( The Prophets ) XXI
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. Draws near for mankind their reckoning, while they turn away in heedlessness.
2. Comes not unto them an admonition ( a chapter of the Qur’ân ) from their Lord as a recent revelation but they listen to it while they play
3. With their hearts occupied ( with evil things ) . Those who do wrong, conceal their private counsels, ( saying ) : « Is this ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) more than a human being like you? Will you submit to magic while you see it? »
4. He ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) said: « My Lord knows ( every ) word ( spoken ) in the heavens and on earth. And He is the All- Hearer, the All- Knower. »
5. Nay, they say: « These ( revelations of the Qur’ân which are revealed to Muhammad ( saas ) ) are mixed up false dreams! Nay, he has invented them! - Nay, he is a poet! Let him then bring us an Ayâh ( sign as a proof ) like the ones ( Prophets ) the former were sent ( with ) ! »
6. Not one of the towns ( populations ) , of those which We destroyed, believed before them ( though We sent them signs ) : will they then believe?
7. And We sent not before you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) but men to whom We revealed. So ask the people of the Reminder [ Scriptures - the Taurât ( Torah ) , the Injeel ( Gospel ) ] if you do not know.
8. And We did not create them ( the Messengers, with ) bodies that ate not food, nor were they immortals.
9. Then We fulfilled to them the promise. So We saved them and those whom We willed, but We destroyed Al- Musrifûn ( i.e. disbelievers in Allah, in His Messengers, extravagants, transgressors of Allâh’s limits by committing crimes, oppressions, polytheism and sins ) .
10. Indeed, We have sent down for you ( O mankind ) a Book ( the Qur’ân ) in which there is Dhikrukum, ( your Reminder or an honour for you i.e. honour for the one who follows the teaching of the Qur’ân and acts on its teachings ) . Will you not then understand?