Surah Al-Baqarah | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 4
Sura Al-Baqarah from 17 to 24
17. Their likeness is as the likeness of one who kindled a fire; then, when it lighted all around him, Allâh took away their light and left them in darkness. ( So ) they could not see.
18. They are deaf, dumb, and blind, so they return not ( to the Right Path ) .
19. Or like a rainstorm from the sky, wherein is darkness, thunder, and lightning. They thrust their fingers in their ears to keep out the stunning thunder- clap for fear of death. But Allâh ever encompasses the disbelievers ( i.e. Allâh will gather them all together ) .
20. The lightning almost snatches away their sight, whenever it flashes for them, they walk therein, and when darkness covers them, they stand still. And if Allâh willed, He could have taken away their hearing and their sight. Certainly, Allâh has power over all things.
21. O mankind! Worship your Lord ( Allâh ) , Who created you and those who were before you so that you may become Al- Muttaqûn ( the pious - See V.2:2 ) .
22. Who has made the earth a resting place for you, and the sky as a canopy, and sent down water ( rain ) from the sky and brought forth therewith fruits as a provision for you. Then do not set up rivals unto Allâh ( in worship ) while you know ( that He Alone has the right to be worshipped ) . [ 1 ]
23. And if you ( Arab pagans, Jews, and Christians ) are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down ( i.e. the Qur’ân ) to Our slave ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) , then produce a Sûrah ( chapter ) of the like thereof and call your witnesses ( supporters and helpers ) besides Allâh, if you are truthful.
24. But if you do it not, and you can never do it, then fear the Fire ( Hell ) whose fuel is men and stones, prepared for the disbelievers.
 (V.2:22) Narrated ‘Abdullâh (raa): I asked the Prophet (saas) , "What is the greatest sin in consideration with Allâh?" He said, "That you set up a rival unto Allâh though He Alone created you." I said, "That is indeed a great sin." Then I asked, "What is next?" He said "To kill your son lest he should share your food with you." I asked, "What is next?" He said, "To commit illegal sexual intercourse with the wife of your neighbour." (Sahih Al-Bukhâri, Vol.6, Hadîth No. 4).