Surah Al-Baqarah | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 3
Sura Al-Baqarah from 6 to 16
6. Verily, those who disbelieve, it is the same to them whether you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) warn them or do not warn them, they will not believe.
7. Allâh has set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, ( i.e. they are closed from accepting Allâh’s Guidance ) , and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be a great torment.
8. And of mankind, there are some ( hypocrites ) who say: « We believe in Allâh and the Last Day » while in fact they believe not.
9. They ( think to ) deceive Allâh and those who believe, while they only deceive themselves, and perceive ( it ) not!
10. In their hearts is a disease ( of doubt and hypocrisy ) and Allâh has increased their disease. A painful torment is theirs because they used to tell lies.
11. And when it is said to them: « Make not mischief on the earth, » they say: « We are only peace- makers. »
12. Verily! They are the ones who make mischief, but they perceive not.
13. And when it is said to them ( hypocrites ) : « Believe as the people ( followers of Muhammad ( saas ) , Al- Ansâr and Al- Muhajirûn ) have believed, » they say: « Shall we believe as the fools have believed? » Verily, they are the fools, but they know not.
14. And when they meet those who believe, they say: « We believe, » but when they are alone with their Shayâtîn ( devils - polytheists, hypocrites ) , they say: « Truly, we are with you; verily, we were but mocking. »
15. Allâh mocks at them and gives them increase in their wrong- doing to wander blindly.
16. These are they who have purchased error for guidance, so their commerce was profitless. And they were not guided.