Surah Luqman | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 411
Sura Luqman from 1 to 11
( Luqmân ) XXXI
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. Alif- Lâm- Mîm.
[These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur’ân, and none but Allâh (Alone) knows their meanings].
2. These are Verses of the Wise Book ( the Qur’ân ) .
3. A guide and a mercy for the Muhsinûn ( good- doers ) . [ 1 ]
4. Those who perform As- Salât ( Iqamat- as- Salât ) and give Zakât and they have faith in the Hereafter with certainty.
5. Such are on guidance from their Lord, and such are the successful.
6. And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks ( i.e. music, singing, etc. ) to mislead ( men ) from the Path of Allâh without knowledge, and takes it ( the Path of Allâh, or the Verses of the Qur’ân ) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment ( in the Hell- fire ) . [ 2 ]
7. And when Our Verses ( of the Qur’ân ) are recited to such a one, he turns away in pride, [ 3 ] as if he heard them not - as if there were deafness in his ear. So announce to him a painful torment.
8. Verily, those who believe ( in Islâmic Monotheism ) and do righteous good deeds, for them are Gardens of Delight ( Paradise ) .
9. To abide therein. It is a Promise of Allâh in truth. And He is the All- Mighty, the All- Wise.
10. He has created the heavens without any pillars that you see, and has set on the earth firm mountains lest it should shake with you. And He has scattered therein moving ( living ) creatures of all kinds. And We send down water ( rain ) from the sky, and We cause ( plants ) of every goodly kind to grow therein.
11. This is the creation of Allâh. So show Me that which those ( whom you worship ) besides Him have created. Nay, the Zâlimûn ( polytheists, wrongdoers and those who do not believe in the Oneness of Allâh ) are in plain error.
 (V.31:3) See the footnote of (V.9:120).
 (V.31:6) What is said regarding the one who regards an alcoholic drink lawful to drink, and calls it by another name.
Narrated Abu ‘Âmir or Abu Malik Al- Ash‘ari that he heard the Prophet ( saas ) saying: « From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks, and the use of musical instruments as lawful. And ( from them ) , there will be some who will stay near the side of a mountain, and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him: ‘Return to us tomorrow.’ Allâh will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs; and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection. » ( Sahih Al- Bukhari, Vol. 7, Hadith No. 494B ) .
 (V.31:7): See the footnote of (V.22:9).
Page No 411 Download and Listen mp3