Surah AlAhzab | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 427
Sura Al-Ahzab from 63 to 73
63. People ask you concerning the Hour, say: « The knowledge of it is with Allâh only. What do you know? It may be that the Hour is near! »
64. Verily, Allâh has cursed the disbelievers, and has prepared for them a flaming Fire ( Hell ) .
65. Wherein they will abide for ever, and they will find neither a Walî ( a protector ) nor a helper.
66. On the Day when their faces will be turned over in the Fire, they will say: « Oh, would that we had obeyed Allâh and obeyed the Messenger ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) . »
67. And they will say: « Our Lord! Verily, we obeyed our chiefs and our great ones, and they misled us from the ( Right ) Way.»
68. « Our Lord! Give them double torment and curse them with a mighty curse! »
69. O you who believe! Be not like those who annoyed Mûsa ( Moses ) , but Allâh cleared him of that which they alleged, and he was honourable before Allâh. [ 1 ]
70. O you who believe! Keep your duty to Allâh and fear Him, and speak ( always ) the truth.
71. He will direct you to do righteous good deeds and will forgive you your sins. And whosoever obeys Allâh and His Messenger ( ( saas ) ) , he has indeed achieved a great achievement ( i.e. he will be saved from the Hell- fire and will be admitted to Paradise ) .
72. Truly, We did offer Al- Amânah ( the trust or moral responsibility or honesty and all the duties which Allâh has ordained ) to the heavens and the earth, and the mountains, but they declined to bear it and were afraid of it ( i.e. afraid of Allâh’s Torment ) . But man bore it. Verily, he was unjust ( to himself ) and ignorant ( of its results ) . [ 2 ]
73. So that Allâh will punish the hypocrites, men and women, and the men and women who are Al- Mushrikûn ( polytheists, idolaters, pagans, disbelievers, in the Oneness of Allâh, and His Messenger Muhammad ( saas ) ) . And Allâh will pardon ( accept the repentance of ) the true believers of the Islâmic Monotheism, men and women. And Allâh is Ever Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful.
 (V.33:69) Narrated Abû Hurairah (raa): Allâh’s Messenger (saas) said, "(Prophet) Mûsâ (Moses) was a shy person and used to cover his body completely because of his extensive shyness. One of the Children of Israel annoyed him by saying, ‘He covers his body in this way only because of some defect in his skin, either leprosy or scrotal hernia, or he had some other defect.’ Allah wished to clear Mûsâ (Moses) of what they said about him: so one day while Mûsâ (Moses) was in seclusion, he took off his clothes and put them on a stone and started taking a bath. When he had finished the bath, he moved towards his clothes so as to take them, but the stone took his clothes and fled. Mûsâ (Moses) picked up his stick and ran after the stone saying, ‘O stone! give me my clothes!’ till he reached a group of Banî Israel who saw him naked then, and found him the best of what Allah had created; and Allah cleared him of what they had accused him of. The stone stopped there and Mûsâ (Moses) took and put his garment on and started hitting the stone with his stick. By Allah, the stone still has some traces of the hitting: three, four or five marks. This was what Allah (Lord Almighty and Exalted) refers to in His Saying:
‘O you who believe! Be not like those, who annoyed Mûsâ ( Moses ) , but Allâh cleared him of that which they alleged and he was honourable before Allâh...’ « ( V.33:69 ) ( Sahih Al Bukhari, Vol. 4, Hadîth No. 616 ) .»
 (V.33:72) See the footnote of the (V.3:164).