Surah Saba' | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 429
Sura Saba from 8 to 14
8. Has he ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) invented a lie against Allâh, or is there a madness in him? Nay, but those who disbelieve in the Hereafter are ( themselves ) in a torment, and in far error.
9. See they not what is before them and what is behind them, of the heaven and the earth? If We will, We shall sink the earth with them, or cause a piece of the heaven to fall upon them. Verily, in this is a sign for every slave who turns to Allâh in repentance ( i.e. the one who believes in the Oneness of Allâh and performs deeds of His obedience and always begs His Pardon ) .
10. And indeed We bestowed grace on Dâwûd ( David ) from Us ( saying ) : « O you mountains. Glorify ( Allâh ) with him! And you birds ( also ) ! And We made the iron soft for him. »
11. Saying: « Make you perfect coats of mail, and balance well the rings of chain armour, and work you ( men ) righteousness. Truly, I am All- Seer of what you do. »
12. And to Solomon ( We subjected ) the wind, its morning ( stride from sunrise till midnoon ) was a month’s ( journey ) , and its afternoon ( stride from the midday decline of the sun to sunset ) was a month’s ( journey i.e. in one day he could travel two months’ ( journey ) . And We caused a fount of ( molten ) brass to flow for him, and there were jinn that worked in front of him, by the Leave of his Lord. And whosoever of them turned aside from Our Command, We shall cause him to taste of the torment of the blazing Fire.
13. They worked for him as he desired, ( making ) high rooms, images, basins as large as reservoirs, and ( cooking ) cauldrons fixed ( in their places ) . « Work you, O family of Dâwûd ( David ) , with thanks! » But few of My slaves are grateful.
14. Then when We decreed death for him [ Sulaimân ( Solomon ) ] , nothing informed them ( jinn ) of his death except a little worm of the earth, which kept ( slowly ) gnawing away at his stick. So when he fell down, the jinn saw clearly that if they had known the Unseen, they would not have stayed in the humiliating torment.