Surah Ash-Shura | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 483
Sura Al-Shura from 1 to 10
Sûrat Ash- Shûra
( The Consultation ) XLII
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. Hâ- Mîm.
2. ‘Aîn- Sîn- Qâf.
[These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur’ân, and none but Allâh (Alone) knows their meanings].
3. Likewise Allâh, the All- Mighty, the All- Wise sends Revelation to you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) as ( He sent Revelation to ) those before you. [ 1 ]
4. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, and He is the Most High, the Most Great.
5. Nearly the heavens might be rent asunder from above them ( by His Majesty ) : and the angels glorify the praises of their Lord, and ask for forgiveness for those on the earth. Verily, Allâh is the Oft- Forgiving, the Most Merciful.
6. And as for those who take as Auliyâ’ ( guardians, supporters, helpers, lords, gods, protectors ) others besides Him [ i.e. they take false deities other than Allâh as protectors, and they worship them ] - Allâh is Hafîz ( Protector, Watcher ) over them ( i.e. takes care of their deeds and will recompense them ) , and you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) are not a Wakîl ( guardian or a disposer of their affairs ) over them ( to protect their deeds ) .
7. And thus We have revealed to you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) a Qur’ân in Arabic that you may warn the Mother of the Towns ( Makkah ) and all around it, and warn ( them ) of the Day of Assembling of which there is no doubt: when a party will be in Paradise ( those who believed in Allâh and followed what Allâh’s Messenger ( saas ) brought them ) and a party in the blazing Fire ( Hell ) ( those who disbelieved in Allâh and followed not what Allâh’s Messenger ( saas ) brought them ) . [ 2 ]
8. And if Allâh had willed, He could have made them one nation, but He admits whom He wills to His Mercy. And the Zâlimûn ( polytheists and wrong- doers ) will have neither a Walî ( protector or guardian ) nor a helper.
9. Or have they taken ( for worship ) Auliyâ’ ( guardians, supporters, helpers, protectors, lords, gods ) besides Him? But Allâh - He Alone is the Walî ( Lord, God, Protector ) . And it is He Who gives life to the dead, and He is Able to do all things.
10. And in whatsoever you differ, the decision thereof is with Allâh ( He is the ruling Judge ) . ( And say O Muhammad ( saas ) to these polytheists: ) Such is Allâh, my Lord in Whom I put my trust, and to Him I turn ( in all of my affairs and ) in repentance.
 (V.42:3) See the footnote of (V.4:163).
 (V.42:7) See the footnote of (V.3:85).