Surah Muhammad | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 507
Sura Muhammad from 1 to 11
Sûrat Muhammad or Sûrat Al- Qitâl
( Muhammad ( saas ) ) or ( The Fighting ) ( XLVII
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. Those who disbelieve ( in the Oneness of Allâh, and in the Message of Prophet Muhammad ( saas ) ) , and hinder ( men ) from the Path of Allâh ( Islâmic Monotheism ) , He will render their deeds vain. [ 1 ]
2. But those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and believe in that which is sent down to Muhammad ( ( saas ) ) - for it is the truth from their Lord - He will expiate from them their sins, and will make good their state.
3. That is because those who disbelieve follow falsehood, while those who believe follow the truth from their Lord. Thus does Allâh set forth for mankind their parables.
4. So, when you meet ( in fight - Jihâd in Allâh’s Cause ) those who disbelieve, smite ( their ) necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly ( on them, i.e. take them as captives ) . Thereafter ( is the time ) either for generosity ( i.e. free them without ransom ) , or ransom ( according to what benefits Islâm ) , until the war lays down its burden. Thus [ you are ordered by Allâh to continue in carrying out Jihâd against the disbelievers till they embrace Islâm and are saved from the punishment in the Hell- fire or at least come under your protection ] , but if it had been Allâh’s Will, He Himself could certainly have punished them ( without you ) . But ( He lets you fight ) in order to test some of you with others. But those who are killed in the Way of Allâh, He will never let their deeds be lost. [ 2 ]
5. He will guide them and set right their state.
6. And admit them to Paradise which He has made known to them ( i.e. they will know their places in Paradise better than they used to know their homes in the world ) . [ 3 ] [ Tafsir Ibn Kathir ]
7. O you who believe! If you help ( in the cause of ) Allâh, He will help you, and make your foothold firm.
8. But those who disbelieve ( in the Oneness of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism ) , for them is destruction, and ( Allâh ) will make their deeds vain.
9. That is because they hate that which Allâh has sent down ( this Qur’ân and Islâmic laws, etc. ) ; so He has made their deeds fruitless.
10. Have they not travelled through the earth, and seen what was the end of those before them? Allâh destroyed them completely, and a similar ( fate awaits ) the disbelievers.
11. That is because Allâh is the Maulâ ( Lord, Master, Helper, Protector, etc. ) of those who believe, and the disbelievers have no Maulâ ( lord, master, helper, protector, etc. ) .
 (V.47:1) It is obligatory to have Belief in the Messengership of the Prophet Muhammad (saas).
Narrated Abu Hurairah ( raa ) : Allâh’s Messenger ( saas ) said, « By Him ( Allâh ) in Whose Hand Muhammad’s soul is, there is none from amongst the Jews and the Christians ( of these present nations ) who hears about me and then dies without believing in the Message with which I have been sent ( i.e. Islâmic Monotheism ) , but he will be from the dwellers of the ( Hell ) Fire. » ( Sahih Muslim , the Book of Faith, Vol.1, Chapter No.240 ) . See also ( V.3:85 ) and ( V.3:116 ) .
 (V.47:4) See the footnote of (V.2:190) and (V.9:20).
 (V.47:6) Narrated Abû Sa‘îd Al-Khudrî (raa): Allâh’s Messenger (saas) said, "The believers, after being saved from the (Hell) Fire, will be stopped at a bridge between Paradise and Hell and mutual retaliation will take place among them regarding the wrongs they have committed in the world against one another. After they are cleansed and purified (through the retaliation), they will be admitted into Paradise; and by Him in Whose Hand Muhammad’s soul is, everyone of them will know his dwelling in Paradise better than he knew his dwelling in this world." (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.8, Hadith No.542)