Surah Al-Jinn | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 572
Sura Al-Jinn from 1 to 13
Sûrat Al- Jinn
( The Jinn ) LXXII
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. Say ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) : « It has been revealed to me that a group ( from three to ten in number ) of jinn [ 1 ] listened ( to this Qur’ân ) . They said: ‘Verily, we have heard a wonderful Recitation ( this Qur’ân ) !»
2. ‘It guides to the Right Path, and we have believed therein, and we shall never join ( in worship ) anything with our Lord ( Allâh ) .
3. ‘And He, exalted be the Majesty of our Lord, has taken neither a wife nor a son ( or offspring or children ) . [ 2 ]
4. ‘And that the foolish among us [ i.e. Iblîs ( Satan ) or the polytheists amongst the jinn ] used to utter against Allâh that which was an enormity in falsehood.
5. ‘And verily, we thought that men and jinn would not utter a lie against Allâh.
6. ‘And verily, there were men among mankind who took shelter with the males among the jinn, but they ( jinn ) increased them ( mankind ) in sin and transgression.
7. ‘And they thought as you thought, that Allâh will not send any Messenger ( to mankind or jinn ) .
8. ‘And we have sought to reach the heaven; but found it filled with stern guards and flaming fires.
9. ‘And verily, we used to sit there in stations, to ( steal ) a hearing, but any who listens now will find a flaming fire watching him in ambush.
10. ‘And we know not whether evil is intended for those on earth, or whether their Lord intends for them a Right Path.
11. ‘There are among us some that are righteous, and some the contrary; we are groups having different ways ( religious sects ) .
12. ‘And we think that we cannot escape ( the punishment of ) Allâh in the earth, nor can we escape Him by flight.
13. ‘And indeed when we heard the Guidance ( this Qur’ân ) , we believed therein ( Islâmic Monotheism ) , and whosoever believes in his Lord shall have no fear, either of a decrease in the reward of his good deeds or an increase in the punishment for his sins.
 (V.72:1) Jinn: A creation, created by Allâh from fire like human beings from mud, and angels from light.
A ) See the footnote of ( V.2:116 ) and ( V.6:101 ) .
B ) See the footnote ( C ) of ( V.68:42 ) .