Surah Al-Ghashiyah | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 592
Sura Al-Al'la from 16 to 26
16. Nay, you prefer the life of this world,
17. Although the Hereafter is better and more lasting.
18. Verily, this is in the former Scriptures -
19. The Scriptures of Ibrâhîm ( Abraham ) and Mûsâ ( Moses ) ( ( as ) ) .
Sûrat Al- Ghâshiyah
( The Overwhelming ) LXXXVIII
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. Has there come to you the narration of the overwhelming ( i.e. the Day of Resurrection ) ?
2. Some faces, that Day will be humiliated ( in the Hell- fire, i.e. the faces of all disbelievers, Jews and Christians ) . [ 1 ]
3. Labouring ( hard in the worldly life by worshipping others besides Allâh ) , weary ( in the Hereafter with humility and disgrace ) . [ 2 ]
4. They will enter in the hot blazing Fire.
5. They will be given to drink from a boiling spring,
6. No food will there be for them but a poisonous thorny plant,
7. Which will neither nourish nor avail against hunger.
8. ( Other ) faces that Day will be joyful,
9. Glad with their endeavour ( for their good deeds which they did in this world, along with the true Faith of Islâmic Monotheism ) . [ 3 ]
10. In a lofty Paradise.
11. Where they shall neither hear harmful speech nor falsehood.
12. Therein will be a running spring.
13. Therein will be thrones raised high.
14. And cups set at hand.
15. And cushions set in rows.
16. And rich carpets ( all ) spread out.
17. Do they not look at the camels, how they are created?
18. And at the heaven, how it is raised?
19. And at the mountains, how they are rooted ( and fixed firm ) ?
20. And at the earth, how it is outspread?
21. So remind them ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) - you are only one who reminds.
22. You are not a dictator over them -
23. Save the one who turns away and disbelieves. [ 4 ]
24. Then Allâh will punish him with the greatest punishment.
25. Verily, to Us will be their return;
26. Then verily, for Us will be their reckoning.
 (V.88:2) It is obligatory to have Belief in the Messengership of the Prophet (Muhammad (saas)). Narrated Abu Hurairah (raa): Allâh’s Messenger (saas) said: "By Him (Allâh) in Whose Hand Muhammad’s soul is, there is none from amongst the Jews and Christians (of these present nations) who hears about me and then dies without believing in the Message with which I have been sent (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism), but he will be from the dwellers of the (Hell) Fire." (Sahih Muslim , the Book of Faith, Vol.1, Chapter No.240). See also the footnotes of (V.3:85) and (V.41:46).
 (V.88:3) Narrated ‘Abdullâh (raa): "The Prophet (saas) said one statement and I said another. The Prophet (saas) said: "Whoever dies while still invoking anything other than Allâh as a rival to Allâh, will enter Hell (Fire).’ And I said, ‘Whoever dies without invoking anything as a rival to Allâh, will enter Paradise.’" (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.6, Hadith No.24).
 (V.88:9) See footnote of (V.18:104).
 (V.88:23) See footnote of (V.8:39).