Surah Al-Balad | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 594
Sura Al-Fajr from 24 to 20
24. He will say: « Alas! Would that I had sent forth ( good deeds ) for ( this ) my life! »
25. So on that Day none will punish as He will punish.
26. And none will bind ( the wicked, disbelievers and polytheists ) as He will bind.
27. ( It will be said to the pious believers of Islamic Monotheism ) : « O ( you ) the one in ( complete ) rest and satisfaction!»
28. « Come back to your Lord well- pleased ( yourself ) and well- pleasing ( unto Him ) !»
29. « Enter you then among My ( honoured ) slaves,»
30. « And enter you My Paradise! »
Sûrat Al- Balad
( The City ) XC
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. I swear by this city ( Makkah ) ;
2. And you are free ( from sin, and to punish the enemies of Islâm on the Day of the conquest ) in this city ( Makkah ) . [ 1 ]
3. And by the begetter ( i.e. Adam ( as ) ) and that which he begot ( i.e. his progeny ) .
4. Verily, We have created man in toil.
5. Does he think that none can overcome him?
6. He says ( boastfully ) : « I have wasted wealth in abundance! »
7. Does he think that none sees him?
8. Have We not made for him two eyes,
9. And a tongue and two lips?
10. And shown him the two ways ( good and evil ) ?
11. But he has not attempted to pass on the path that is steep ( i.e. the path which will lead to goodness and success ) .
12. And what will make you know the path that is steep?
13. ( It is ) freeing a neck ( slave ) [ 2 ]
14. Or giving food in a day of hunger ( famine ) ,
15. To an orphan near of kin.
16. Or to a Miskîn ( poor ) cleaving to dust ( out of misery ) .
17. Then he became one of those who believed ( in the Islamic Monotheism ) and recommended one another to perseverance and patience, and ( also ) recommended one another to pity and compassion.
18. They are those on the Right Hand ( i.e. the dwellers of Paradise ) ,
19. But those who disbelieved in Our Ayât ( proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc. ) , they are those on the Left Hand ( the dwellers of Hell ) .
20. The Fire will be shut over them ( i.e. they will be enveloped by the Fire without any opening or window or outlet. [ 3 ]
a ) Narrated Ibn ‘Abbâs ( raa ) : On the day of the conquest of Makkah, Allâh’s Messenger ( saas ) said, « Allâh has made this town a sanctuary. Its thorny bushes should not be cut, its game should not be chased, and its fallen things should not be picked up except by one who would announce them publicly. » ( Sahih Al- Bukhari, Vol.2, Hadith No. 657 )
b ) See the footnote of ( V.2:191 ) .
 (V.90:13) Narrated Abu Hurairah (raa): The Prophet (saas) said: "Whoever frees a Muslim slave, Allâh will save all the parts of his body from the (Hell) Fire, as he has freed the body-parts of the slave." (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.3, Hadith No.693).
 (V.90:20) "Therein breathing out with deep sighs and roaring will be their portion, and therein they will hear not. **" [The Qur’ân, Verse 21:100]
**Ibn Mas‘ûd ( raa ) recited this Verse and then said: « When those ( who are destined to remain in the Hell- fire forever ) will be thrown in the Hell- fire, each of them will be put in a separate Tabût ( Box ) of Fire, so that he will not see anyone punished in the Hell- fire except he himself. » Then Ibn Mas‘ûd recited this Verse ( V.21:100 ) . [ Tafsîr Ibn Kathîr, Tabarî and Qurtubî ] .