Surah Al-Maidah | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 124
Sura Al-Ma'idah from 96 to 103
96. Lawful to you is ( the pursuit of ) water- game and its use for food - for the benefit of yourselves and those who travel, but forbidden is ( the pursuit of ) land- game as long as you are in a state of Ihrâm ( for Hajj or ‘Umrah ) . And fear Allâh to Whom you shall be gathered back.
97. Allâh has made the Ka‘bah, the Sacred House, an asylum of security and benefits ( e.g.Hajj and ‘Umrah ) for mankind, and also the Sacred Month and the animals of offerings and the garlanded ( people or animals marked with the garlands on their necks made from the outer part of the stem of the Makkah trees for their security ) , that you may know that Allâh has knowledge of all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, and that Allâh is the All- Knower of each and everything.
98. Know that Allâh is Severe in punishment and that Allâh is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful.
99. The duty of the Messenger [ i.e. Our Messenger Muhammad ( saas ) whom We have sent to you, ( O mankind ) ] is nothing but to convey ( the Message ) . And Allâh knows all that you reveal and all that you conceal.
100. Say ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) : « Not equal are Al- Khabîth ( all that is evil and bad as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods ) and At- Taiyyib ( all that is good as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods ) , even though the abundance of Al- Khabîth may please you. » So fear Allâh [ 1 ] , O men of understanding in order that you may be successful.
101. O you who believe! Ask not about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. But if you ask about them while the Qur’ân is being revealed, they will be made plain to you. Allâh has forgiven that, and Allâh is Oft- Forgiving, Most Forbearing.
102. Before you, a community asked such questions, then on that account they became disbelievers.
103. Allâh has not instituted things like Bahîrah [ 2 ] , or Sâ’ibah [ 3 ] , or Wasîlah [ 4 ] , or Hâm [ 5 ] , ( all these animals were liberated in honour of idols as practised by pagan Arabs in the pre- Islâmic period ) . But those who disbelieve invent lies against Allâh, and most of them have no understanding.
 (V.5:100) Fear Allâh: i.e. abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden and love Allâh much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained).
 (V.5:103) Bahîrah: a she-camel whose milk was spared for the sake of the idols and nobody was allowed to milk it.
 (V.5:103) Sâ’ibah: a she-camel let loose for free pasture for their false gods, e.g. idols and nothing was allowed to be carried on it.
 (V.5:103) Wasîlah: a she-camel set free for idols because it has given birth to a she-camel at its first delivery and second delivery.
 (V.5:103) Hâm: a stallion-camel freed from work for the sake of their idols, after it had finished a number of copulations assigned for it.