Surah Al-Maidah | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 125
Sura Al-Ma'idah from 104 to 108
104. And when it is said to them: « Come to what Allâh has revealed and unto the Messenger ( Muhammad ( saas ) for the verdict of that which you have made unlawful ) . » They say: « Enough for us is that which we found our fathers following, » even though their fathers had no knowledge whatsoever nor guidance.
105. O you who believe! Take care of your ownselves [ 1 ] . If you follow the ( right ) guidance [ and enjoin what is right ( Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm orders one to do ) and forbid what is wrong ( polytheism, disbelief and all that Islâm has forbidden ) ] no hurt can come to you from those who are in error. The return of you all is to Allâh, then He will inform you about ( all ) that which you used to do.
106. O you who believe! When death approaches any of you, and you make a bequest, ( then take ) the testimony of two just men of your own folk or two others from outside, while you are travelling through the land and death befalls on you. Detain them both after As- Salât ( the prayer ) , ( then ) if you are in doubt ( about their truthfulness ) , let them both swear by Allâh ( saying ) : « We wish not for any worldly gain in this, even though he ( the beneficiary ) be our near relative. We shall not hide Testimony of Allâh, for then indeed we should be of the sinful. »
107. If then it gets known that these two had been guilty of sin, let two others stand forth in their places, nearest in kin from among those who claim a lawful right. Let them swear by Allâh ( saying ) : « We affirm that our testimony is truer than that of both of them, and that we have not trespassed ( the truth ) , for then indeed we should be of the wrong- doers. »
108. That should make it closer ( to the fact ) that their testimony would be in its true shape ( and thus accepted ) , or else they would fear that ( other ) oaths would be admitted after their oaths. And fear Allâh and listen ( with obedience to Him ) . And Allâh guides not the people who are Al- Fâsiqûn ( the rebellious and disobedient ) .
 (V.5:105) Take care of yourselves i.e. do righteous deeds, fear Allâh much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allâh much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained).