Surah At-Taubah | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 187
Sura Al-Taubah from 1 to 6
Sûrat At- Taubah
( The Repentance ) IX
1. Freedom from ( all ) obligations ( is declared ) from Allâh and His Messenger ( ( saas ) ) to those of the Mushrikûn ( polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh ) , with whom you made a treaty.
2. So travel freely ( O Mushrikûn - See V.2:105 ) for four months ( as you will ) throughout the land, but know that you cannot escape ( from the punishment of ) Allâh; and Allâh will disgrace the disbelievers.
3. And a declaration from Allâh and His Messenger to mankind on the greatest day ( the 10th of Dhul- Hijjah - the 12th month of Islâmic calendar ) that Allâh is free from ( all ) obligations to the Mushrikûn ( See V.2:105 ) and so is His Messenger. So if you ( Mushrikûn ) repent, it is better for you, but if you turn away, then know that you cannot escape ( from the Punishment of ) Allâh. And give tidings ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) of a painful torment to those who disbelieve.
4. Except those of the Mushrikûn ( see V.2:105 ) with whom you have a treaty, and who have not subsequently failed you in aught, nor have supported anyone against you. So fulfil their treaty to them for the end of their term. Surely Allâh loves Al- Mattaqûn ( the pious - See V.2:2 ) .
5. Then when the Sacred Months ( the 1st, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islâmic calendar ) have passed, then kill the Mushrikûn ( See V.2:105 ) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As- Salât ( Iqâmat- as- Salât ) , and give Zakât, then leave their way free. Verily, Allâh is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful. [ 1 ]
6. And if anyone of the Mushrikûn ( polytheists, idolaters, pagans, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh ) seeks your protection, then grant him protection so that he may hear the Word of Allâh ( the Qur’ân ) , and then escort him to where he can be secure, that is because they are men who know not.
 a) (V.9:5) See the footnote of (V.2:193).
b ) Narrated Abû Hurairah ( raa ) : When the Prophet ( saas ) died and Abû Bakr became his successor and some of the Arabs reverted to disbelief, ‘Umar said, « O Abû Bakr! How can you fight these people although Allâh’s Messenger ( saas ) said, » I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: La ilâha illallâh ( none has the right to be worshipped but Allâh ) , and whoever said La ilâha illallâh will save his property and his life from me, unless ( he does something for which he receives legal punishment ) justly, and his account will be on Allâh? « Abû Bakr said, » By Allâh! I will fight who ever differentiates between Salât ( prayers ) and Zakât, as Zakât is the right to be taken from property ( according to Allâh’s orders ) . By Allâh! If they refused to pay me even a kid they used to pay to Allâh’s Messenger ( saas ) , I would fight with them for withholding it, « ‘Umar said » By Allâh! It was nothing, but I noticed that Allâh opened Abû Bakr’s chest towards the decision to fight, therefore I realized that his decision was right. « ( Sahih Al- Bukhâri, Vol.9, Hadîth No 59 ) .»