Surah Yunus | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 220
Sura Yunus from 98 to 106
98. Was there any town ( community ) that believed ( after seeing the punishment ) , and its Faith ( at that moment ) saved it ( from the punishment ) ? ( The answer is none ) - except the people of Yûnus ( Jonah ) ; when they believed, We removed from them the torment of disgrace in the life of the ( present ) world, and permitted them to enjoy for a while.
99. And had your Lord willed, those on earth would have believed, all of them together. So, will you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) then compel mankind, until they become believers.
100. It is not for any person to believe, except by the Leave of Allâh, and He will put the wrath on those who are heedless.
101. Say: « Behold all that is in the heavens and the earth, » but neither Ayât ( proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc. ) nor warners benefit those who believe not.
102. Then do they wait for ( anything ) save for ( a destruction ) like that of the days of the men who passed away before them? Say: « Wait then, I am ( too ) with you among those who wait. »
103. Then ( in the end ) We save Our Messengers and those who believe! Thus it is incumbent upon Us to save the believers.
104. Say ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) : « O you mankind! If you are in doubt as to my religion ( Islâm ) , then ( know that ) I will never worship those whom you worship besides Allâh. But I worship Allâh Who causes you to die, and I am commanded to be one of the believers.»
105. « And ( it is revealed to me ) : Direct your face ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) entirely towards the religion Hanîf ( Islâmic Monotheism, i.e. to worship none but Allâh Alone ) , and never be one of the Mushrikûn ( those who ascribe partners to Allâh, polytheists, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh, and those who worship others along with Allâh ) .»
106. « And invoke not besides Allâh, any such that will neither profit you nor harm you, but if ( in case ) you did so, you shall certainly be one of the Zâlimûn ( polytheists and wrong- doers ) . [ 1 ] »
 (V.10:106) See the footnote of (V.2:165).