Surah Al-Hijr | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 266
Sura Al-Hijr from 71 to 90
71. [ Lût ( Lot ) ] said: « These ( the girls of the nation ) are my daughters ( to marry lawfully ) , if you must act ( so ) . »
72. Verily, by your life ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) , in their wild intoxication, they were wandering blindly.
73. So As- Saihah ( torment - awful cry ) overtook them at the time of sunrise.
74. And We turned ( the towns of Sodom in Palestine ) upside down and rained down on them stones of baked clay.
75. Surely! In this are signs for those who see ( or understand or learn the lessons from the Signs of Allâh ) .
76. And verily! They ( the cities ) were right on the highroad ( from Makkah to Syria i.e. the place where the Dead Sea is now ) [ 1 ] .
77. Surely! Therein is indeed a sign for the believers.
78. And the Dwellers in the Wood [ i.e. the people of Madyan ( Midian ) to whom Prophet Shu‘aib ( ( as ) ) was sent by Allâh ) , were also Zâlimûn ( polytheists and wrong- doers ) .
79. So, We took vengeance on them. They are both on an open highway, plain to see.
80. And verily, the dwellers of Al- Hijr ( the rocky tract ) denied the Messengers.
81. And We gave them Our Signs, but they were averse to them.
82. And they used to hew out dwellings from the mountains ( feeling themselves ) secure.
83. But As- Saihah ( torment - awful cry ) overtook them in the early morning ( of the fourth day of their promised punishment days ) .
84. And all that they used to earn availed them not.
85. And We created not the heavens and the earth and all that is between them except with truth, and the Hour is surely coming, so overlook ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) their faults with gracious forgiveness. [ This was before the ordainment of Jihâd - holy fighting in Allâh’s cause ] .
86. Verily, your Lord is the All- Knowing Creator.
87. And indeed, We have bestowed upon you seven of Al- Mathâni ( seven repeatedly recited Verses ) , ( i.e. Sûrat Al- Fâtihah ) and the Grand Qur’ân. [ 2 ]
88. Look not with your eyes ambitiously at what We have bestowed on certain classes of them ( the disbelievers ) , nor grieve over them. And lower your wings for the believers ( be courteous to the fellow- believers ) .
89. And say ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) : « I am indeed a plain warner. »
90. As We have sent down on the dividers, ( Quraish pagans or Jews and Christians ) .
 (V.15:76) Please see the Book of History by Ibn Kathir .
 (V.15:87) See the footnote of (V.1:2).