Surah Al-Baqarah Madani | Surah No: 2 - Ayat No : 286 word No : 6,144 - name : The Cow
Surah Al-Baqarah | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 2
Sura Al-Baqarah from 1 to 5
Sûrat Al- Baqarah
( The Cow ) II
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. Alif- Lâm- Mîm. [ These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur’ân and none but Allâh ( Alone ) knows their meanings. ]
2. This is the Book ( the Qur’ân ) , whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al- Muttaqûn [ the pious believers of Islamic Monotheism who fear Allâh much ( abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden ) and love Allâh much ( perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained ) ] .
3. Who believe in the Ghaib [ 1 ] and perform As- Salât ( Iqâmat- as- Salât ) , [ 2 ] and spend out of what We have provided for them [ i.e. give Zakât [ 3 ] , spend on themselves, their parents, their children, their wives, etc., and also give charity to the poor and also in Allâh’s Cause - Jihâd ] .
4. And who believe in ( the Qur’ân and the Sunnah ) [ 4 ] which has been sent down ( revealed ) to you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) and in that which was sent down before you [ the Taurât ( Torah ) and the Injeel ( Gospel ) , etc. ] and they believe with certainty in the Hereafter. ( Resurrection, recompense of their good and bad deeds, Paradise and Hell ) .
5. They are on ( true ) guidance from their Lord, and they are the successful.
 (V.2:3): Al-Ghaib: literally means a thing not seen. But this word includes vast meanings: Belief in Allâh, Angels, Holy Books, Allâh’s Messengers, Day of Resurrection and Al-Qadar (Divine Pre-ordainments). It also includes what Allâh and His Messenger (saas) informed about the knowledge of the matters of past, present, and future e.g., news about the creation of the heavens and earth, botanical and zoological life, the news about the nations of the past, and about Paradise and Hell.
 (V.2:3): Iqâmat-as-Salât : The performance of Salât (prayers). It means that:
a ) Each and every Muslim, male or female, is obliged to offer his Salât ( prayers ) regularly five times a day at the specified times; the male in a mosque in congregation and the female at home. As the Prophet ( saas ) has said: « Order your children for Salât ( prayers ) at the age of seven and beat them ( about it ) at the age of ten. » The chief ( of a family, town, tribe, etc. ) and the Muslim rulers of a country are held responsible before Allâh in case of non- fulfilment of this obligation by the Muslims under their authority.
b ) One must offer the Salât ( prayers ) as the Prophet ( saas ) used to offer them with all their rules and regulations, i.e., standing, bowing, prostrating, sitting, as he ( saas ) has said: « Offer your Salât ( prayers ) the way you see me offering them ( see Sahih Al- Bukhâri, Vol.1, H. No. 604 and Vol.9, H. No. 352 ) . »
[For the characteristics of the Salât (prayer) of the Prophet (saas) see Sahih Al-Bukhâri, Vol.1, H. No. 702, 703, 704, 723, 786, 787].
 (V.2:3) Zakât : A certain fixed proportion of the wealth and of each and every kind of property liable to Zakât of a Muslim to be paid yearly for the benefit of the poor in the Muslim community. The payment of Zakât is obligatory as it is one of the five pillars of Islâm. Zakât is the major economic means for establishing social justice and leading the Muslim society to prosperity and security. [See Sahih Al- Bukhâri, Vol. 2, Book of Zakât, No. 24]
 (V.2:4) Narrated Ibn ‘Umar (raa): Allâh’s Messenger (saas) said: Islâm is based on (the following) five (principles):
1. To testify that « Lâ ilâha illallâh wa anna Muhammad- ur- Rasûl Allâh » ( none has the right to be worshipped but Allâh and that Muhammad ( saas ) is the Messenger of Allâh ) .
2. Iqâmat- as- Salât: to perform the five ( compulsory congregational ) Salât ( prayers ) .
3. To pay Zakât
4. To perform Hajj ( i.e. pilgrimage to Makkah ) .
5. To observe Saum ( fasting ) during the month of Ramadan. ( Sahih Al- Bukhâri, Vol. 1, Hadith No. 7 ) .
The site of Surat Quran has been established as a humble gesture to serve the holy Quran , the Sunnah, the interest of the students of science and the facilitation of the forensic sciences on the curriculum of the book and the Sunnah. We are happy to support you and appreciate your concern for our continuation and ask God to accept us and make our work pure .Download the Holy Quran