Surah Al-Kahf | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 304
Sura Al-Kahf from 98 to 110
98. ( Dhul- Qarnain ) said: « This is a mercy from my Lord, but when the Promise of my Lord comes, He shall level it down to the ground. And the Promise of my Lord is ever true. »
99. And on that Day [ i.e. the Day Ya’jûj and Ma’jûj ( Gog and Magog ) will come out ] , We shall leave them to surge like waves on one another; and the Trumpet will be blown, and We shall collect them ( the creatures ) all together.
100. And on that Day We shall present Hell to the disbelievers, plain to view -
101. ( To ) those whose eyes had been under a covering from My Reminder ( this Qur’ân ) , and who could not bear to hear ( it ) .
102. Do then those who disbelieved think that they can take My slaves [ i.e., the angels, Allâh’s Messengers, ‘Îsâ ( Jesus ) , son of Maryam ( Mary ) ] as Auliyâ’ ( lords, gods, protectors ) besides Me? Verily, We have prepared Hell as an entertainment for the disbelievers ( in the Oneness of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism ) [ 1 ] .
103. Say ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) : « Shall We tell you the greatest losers in respect of ( their ) deeds?»
104. « Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life while they thought that they were acquiring good by their deeds. [ 2 ] »
105. « They are those who deny the Ayât ( proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc. ) of their Lord and the Meeting with Him ( in the Hereafter ) . So their works are in vain, and on the Day of Resurrection, We shall assign no weight for them.»
106. « That shall be their recompense, Hell; because they disbelieved and took My Ayât ( proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc. ) and My Messengers by way of jest and mockery.»
107. « Verily those who believe ( in the Oneness of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism ) and do righteous deeds, shall have the Gardens of Al- Firdaus ( Paradise ) for their entertainment.»
108. « Wherein they shall dwell ( forever ) . No desire will they have for removal therefrom. »
109. Say ( O Muhammad ( saas ) to mankind ) : « If the sea were ink for ( writing ) the Words of my Lord, surely, the sea would be exhausted before the Words of my Lord would be finished, even if We brought ( another sea ) like it for its aid. »
110. Say ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) : « I am only a man like you. It has been revealed to me that your Ilâh ( God ) is One Ilâh ( God - i.e. Allâh ) . So whoever hopes for the Meeting [ 3 ] with his Lord, let him work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship of his Lord. »
 (V.18:102) Almighty Allâh says: "They (Jews and Christians) took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords (by obeying them in things that they made lawful or unlawful according to their own desires without being ordered by Allâh) besides Allâh, and (they also took as their Lord) Messiah, son of Maryam (Mary), while they (Jews and Christians) were commanded [in the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] to worship none but one Ilâh (God - Allâh), Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). Praise and Glory be to Him, (far above is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him)." [The Qur’ân, Verse 9:31]
Once, while Allâh’s Messenger ( saas ) was reciting the above Verse, ‘Adi bin Hâtim said, « O Allâh’s Prophet! They do not worship them ( rabbis and monks ) . » Allâh’s Messenger ( saas ) said, « They certainly do. They ( i.e. rabbis and monks ) made legal things illegal, and illegal things legal, and they ( i.e. Jews and Christians ) followed them, and by doing so they really worshipped them. » [ Narrated by Ahmad, At- Tirmidhi, and Ibn Jarir. ( Tafsîr At- Tabarî, Vol.10, Page No.114 ) ]
 (V.18:104) For the acceptance of the righteous deeds it is stipulated that the following two basic conditions must be fulfilled:
a ) The intentions while doing such deeds must be totally for Allâh’s sake only without any show- off or to gain praise or fame.
b ) Such a deed must be performed in accordance with the Sunnah of Allâh’s Messenger Muhammad bin ‘Abdullâh ( saas ) , the last of the Prophets and the Messengers.
Narrated ‘Âishah ( raa ) : Allâh’s Messenger ( saas ) said, « If somebody innovates something which is not present in our religion ( of Islâmic Monotheism ) , then that thing will be rejected. » ( Sahih Al- Bukhari, Vol.3, Hadith No.861 ) .
In another Hadith narrated ‘Âishah ( raa ) : The Prophet ( saas ) said: « Whoever performs a ( good ) deed which we have not ordered ( anyone ) to do ( or is not in accord with our religion of Islâmic Monotheism ) , then that deed will be rejected and will not be accepted. » ( Sahih Al- Bukhari, Vol.9, Chapter No.20 before Hadith No.449 ) .
 (V.18:110) See the footnote of (V.6:31).