|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 446
Sura Al-Saffat from 1 to 24
Sûrat As- Sâffât
( Those Ranged in Ranks ) XXXVII
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. By those ( angels ) ranged in ranks ( or rows ) .
2. By those ( angels ) who drive the clouds in a good way.
3. By those ( angels ) who bring the Book and the Qur’ân from Allâh to mankind [ Tafsir Ibn Kathîr ] .
4. Verily your Ilâh ( God ) is indeed One ( i.e. Allâh ) :
5. Lord of the heavens and of the earth, and all that is between them, and Lord of every point of the sun’s risings. [ 1 ]
6. Verily We have adorned the near heaven with the stars ( for beauty ) . [ 2 ]
7. And to guard against every rebellious devil.
8. They cannot listen to the higher group ( angels ) for they are pelted from every side.
9. Outcast, and theirs is a constant ( or painful ) torment.
10. Except such as snatch away something by stealing, and they are pursued by a flaming fire of piercing brightness.
11. Then ask them ( i.e. these polytheists, O Muhammad ( saas ) ) : « Are they stronger as creation, or those ( others like the heavens and the earth and the mountains ) whom We have created? » Verily, We created them of a sticky clay.
12. Nay, you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) wondered ( at their insolence ) while they mock ( at you and at the Qur’ân ) .
13. And when they are reminded, they pay no attention.
14. And when they see an Ayâh ( a sign, or an evidence ) from Allâh, they mock at it.
15. And they say: « This is nothing but evident magic!»
16. « When we are dead and have become dust and bones, shall we ( then ) verily be resurrected?»
17. « And also our fathers of old? »
18. Say ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) : « Yes, and you shall then be humiliated. »
19. It will be a single Zajrah [ shout ( i.e. the second blowing of the Trumpet ) ] , and behold, they will be staring!
20. They will say: « Woe to us! This is the Day of Recompense! »
21. ( It will be said ) : « This is the Day of Judgement which you used to deny. »
22. ( It will be said to the angels ) : « Assemble those who did wrong, together with their companions ( from the devils ) and what they used to worship,»
23. « Instead of Allâh, and lead them on to the way of flaming Fire ( Hell ) ;»
24. « But stop them, verily they are to be questioned.»
 (V.37:5) The sun has approx. 365 points for its rising and 365 points for its setting (i.e. the number of days of a solar year). Every day it rises and sets in a new point, till the end of the year, then it comes back to the same point after a year. [See Tafsir Al-Qurtubi,].
 (V.37:6) See the footnote of (V.6:97).
The site of Surat Quran has been established as a humble gesture to serve the holy Quran , the Sunnah, the interest of the students of science and the facilitation of the forensic sciences on the curriculum of the book and the Sunnah. We are happy to support you and appreciate your concern for our continuation and ask God to accept us and make our work pure .Download the Holy Quran