Surah As-Saffat | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 446
Sura Al-Saffat from 1 to 24
Sûrat As- Sâffât
( Those Ranged in Ranks ) XXXVII
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. By those ( angels ) ranged in ranks ( or rows ) .
2. By those ( angels ) who drive the clouds in a good way.
3. By those ( angels ) who bring the Book and the Qur’ân from Allâh to mankind [ Tafsir Ibn Kathîr ] .
4. Verily your Ilâh ( God ) is indeed One ( i.e. Allâh ) :
5. Lord of the heavens and of the earth, and all that is between them, and Lord of every point of the sun’s risings. [ 1 ]
6. Verily We have adorned the near heaven with the stars ( for beauty ) . [ 2 ]
7. And to guard against every rebellious devil.
8. They cannot listen to the higher group ( angels ) for they are pelted from every side.
9. Outcast, and theirs is a constant ( or painful ) torment.
10. Except such as snatch away something by stealing, and they are pursued by a flaming fire of piercing brightness.
11. Then ask them ( i.e. these polytheists, O Muhammad ( saas ) ) : « Are they stronger as creation, or those ( others like the heavens and the earth and the mountains ) whom We have created? » Verily, We created them of a sticky clay.
12. Nay, you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) wondered ( at their insolence ) while they mock ( at you and at the Qur’ân ) .
13. And when they are reminded, they pay no attention.
14. And when they see an Ayâh ( a sign, or an evidence ) from Allâh, they mock at it.
15. And they say: « This is nothing but evident magic!»
16. « When we are dead and have become dust and bones, shall we ( then ) verily be resurrected?»
17. « And also our fathers of old? »
18. Say ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) : « Yes, and you shall then be humiliated. »
19. It will be a single Zajrah [ shout ( i.e. the second blowing of the Trumpet ) ] , and behold, they will be staring!
20. They will say: « Woe to us! This is the Day of Recompense! »
21. ( It will be said ) : « This is the Day of Judgement which you used to deny. »
22. ( It will be said to the angels ) : « Assemble those who did wrong, together with their companions ( from the devils ) and what they used to worship,»
23. « Instead of Allâh, and lead them on to the way of flaming Fire ( Hell ) ;»
24. « But stop them, verily they are to be questioned.»
 (V.37:5) The sun has approx. 365 points for its rising and 365 points for its setting (i.e. the number of days of a solar year). Every day it rises and sets in a new point, till the end of the year, then it comes back to the same point after a year. [See Tafsir Al-Qurtubi,].
 (V.37:6) See the footnote of (V.6:97).