Surah As-Saffat | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 447
Sura Al-Saffat from 25 to 51
25. « What is the matter with you? Why do you not help one another ( as you used to do in the world ) ? »
26. Nay, but that Day they shall surrender.
27. And they will turn to one another and question one another.
28. They will say: « It was you who used to come to us from the right side [ i.e. from the right side of one of us and beautify for us every evil, enjoin on us polytheism, and stop us from the truth i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and from every good deed ] . »
29. They will reply: « Nay, you yourselves were not believers.»
30. « And we had no authority over you. Nay! But you were Tâghûn ( transgressing ) people ( polytheists, and disbelievers ) .»
31. « So now the Word of our Lord has been justified against us, that we shall certainly ( have to ) taste ( the torment ) .»
32. « So we led you astray because we were ourselves astray. »
33. Then verily, that Day, they will ( all ) share in the torment.
34. Certainly, that is how We deal with Al- Mujrimûn ( polytheists, sinners, disbelievers, criminals, the disobedient to Allâh ) .
35. Truly, when it was said to them: Lâ ilâha illallâh « ( none has the right to be worshipped but Allâh ) , » they puffed themselves up with pride [ 1 ] ( i.e. denied it ) .
36. And ( they ) said: « Are we going to abandon our âlihah ( gods ) for the sake of a mad poet? »
37. Nay! he ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) has come with the truth ( i.e. Allâh’s religion - Islâmic Monotheism and this Qur’ân ) and he confirms the Messengers ( before him who brought Allâh’s religion - Islâmic Monotheism ) .
38. Verily, you ( pagans of Makkah ) are going to taste the painful torment;
39. And you will be requited nothing except for what you used to do ( evil deeds, sins, and Allâh’s disobedience which you used to do in this world )
40. Save the chosen slaves of Allâh ( i.e. the true believers of Islâmic Monotheism ) .
41. For them there will be a known provision ( in Paradise ) ,
42. Fruits; and they shall be honoured,
43. In the Gardens of delight ( Paradise ) ,
44. Facing one another on thrones.
45. Round them will be passed a cup of pure wine -
46. White, delicious to the drinkers.
47. Neither will they have Ghoul ( any kind of hurt, abdominal pain, headache, a sin ) from that, nor will they suffer intoxication therefrom.
48. And beside them will be Qâsirât- at- Tarf [ chaste females ( wives ) , restraining their glances ( desiring none except their husbands ) ] , with wide and beautiful eyes. [ 2 ]
49. ( Delicate and pure ) as if they were ( hidden ) eggs ( well ) preserved.
50. Then they will turn to one another, mutually questioning.
51. A speaker of them will say: « Verily, I had a companion ( in the world ) ,»
 (V.37:35) See the footnote of (V.22:9).
 (V.37:48) See the footnote of (V.29:64).