Surah As-Saffat | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 452
Sura Al-Saffat from 154 to 182
154. What is the matter with you? How do you decide?
155. Will you not then remember?
156. Or is there for you a plain authority?
157. Then bring your Book if you are truthful!
158. And they have invented a kinship between Him and the jinn, but the jinn know well that they have indeed to appear ( before Him ) ( i.e. they will be called to account ) .
159. Glorified be Allâh! ( He is free ) from what they attribute unto Him!
160. Except the slaves of Allâh, whom He chooses ( for His Mercy i.e. true believers of Islâmic Monotheism who do not attribute false things unto Allâh ) .
161. So, verily you ( pagans ) and those whom you worship ( idols )
162. Cannot lead astray [ turn away from Him ( Allâh ) anyone of the believers ] ,
163. Except those who are predestined to burn in Hell!
164. And there is not one of us ( angels ) but has his known place ( or position ) ;
165. And verily, we ( angels ) , we stand in rows ( for the prayers as you Muslims stand in rows for your prayers ) ;
166. And verily, we ( angels ) , indeed are those who glorify ( Allâh’s Praises i.e. perform prayers ) .
167. And indeed they ( Arab pagans ) used to say:
168. « If we had a reminder as had the men of old ( before the coming of Prophet Muhammad ( saas ) as a Messenger of Allâh ) ,»
169. « We would have indeed been the chosen slaves of Allâh ( true believers of Islâmic Monotheism ) ! »
170. But ( now that the Qur’ân has come ) they disbelieve therein ( i.e. in the Qur’ân and in Prophet Muhammad ( saas ) , and all that he brought, - the Divine Revelation ) , so they will come to know! [ 1 ]
171. And, verily, Our Word has gone forth of old for Our slaves, the Messengers,
172. That they verily would be made triumphant,
173. And that Our hosts! they verily would be the victors.
174. So turn away ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) from them for a while,
175. And watch them and they shall see ( the punishment ) !
176. Do they seek to hasten on Our Torment?
177. Then, when it descends in their courtyard ( i.e. near to them ) , evil will be the morning for those who had been warned!
178. So turn ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) away from them for a while,
179. And watch and they shall see ( the torment ) !
180. Glorified be your Lord, the Lord of Honour and Power! ( He is free ) from what they attribute unto Him!
181. And peace be on the Messengers!
182. And all the praises and thanks be to Allâh, Lord of the ‘Âlamîn ( mankind, jinn and all that exists ) .
 (V.37:170) See the footnote (A) of (V.3:85).