Sad | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 453
Sura Sad from 1 to 16
Sûrat Sâd XXXVIII
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
[These letters (Sâd, etc.) are one of the miracles of the Qur’ân, and none but Allâh (Alone) knows their meanings]. By the Qur’ân full of reminding (explanations and honour for the one who believes in it).
2. Nay, those who disbelieve are in false pride and opposition.
3. How many a generation have We destroyed before them! And they cried out when there was no longer time for escape.
4. And they ( Arab pagans ) wonder that a warner ( Prophet Muhammad ( saas ) ) has come to them from among themselves. And the disbelievers say: « This ( Prophet Muhammad ( saas ) ) is a sorcerer, a liar.»
5. « Has he made the âlihah ( gods ) ( all ) into One Ilâh ( God - Allâh ) . Verily, this is a curious thing! »
6. And the leaders among them went about ( saying ) : « Go on, and remain constant to your âlihah ( gods ) ! Verily, this is a thing designed ( against you ) !»
7. « We have not heard ( the like ) of this in the religion of these later days ( i.e. Christianity ) . This is nothing but an invention! [ Tafsir Al- Qurtubi ] »
8. « Has the Reminder been sent down to him ( alone ) from among us? » Nay, but they are in doubt about My Reminder ( this Qur’ân ) ! Nay, but they have not tasted ( My ) Torment!
9. Or have they the treasures of the Mercy of your Lord, the All- Mighty, the Real Bestower?
10. Or is it that the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them is theirs? If so, let them ascend up with means ( to the heavens ) !
11. ( As they denied Allâh’s Message ) they will be a defeated host like the Confederates of the old times ( who were defeated ) .
12. Before them ( were many who ) belied ( Messengers ) - the people of Nûh ( Noah ) ; and ‘Âd; and Fir‘aun ( Pharaoh ) the man of stakes ( with which he used to punish the people ) ,
13. And Thamûd, and the people of Lût ( Lot ) , and the Dwellers of the Wood: such were the Confederates.
14. Not one of them but belied the Messengers; therefore My Torment was justified,
15. And these only wait for a single Saihah [ shout ( i.e. the blowing of the Trumpet by the angel Isrâfil - ) ] there will be no pause or ending thereto [ till everything will perish except Allâh ( the only God full of Majesty, Bounty and Honour ) ] .
16. They say: « Our Lord! Hasten to us Qittanâ ( i.e. our Record of good and bad deeds so that we may see it ) before the Day of Reckoning! »