Surah Ad-Dukhan | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 496
Sura Al-Dukhan from 1 to 18
Sûrat Ad- Dukhân
( The Smoke ) XLIV
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. Hâ.- Mîm.
[These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur’ân and none but Allâh (Alone) knows their meanings].
2. By the manifest Book ( this Qur’ân ) that makes things clear.
3. We sent it ( this Qur’ân ) down on a blessed night [ ( i.e. night of Al- Qadr, Sûrah No. 97 ) in the month of Ramadân - the 9th month of the Islâmic calendar ] . Verily, We are ever warning [ mankind that Our Torment will reach those who disbelieve in Our Oneness of Lordship and in Our Oneness of worship ] .
4. Therein ( that night ) is decreed every matter of ordainments. [ 1 ]
5. As a Command ( or this Qur’ân or the Decree of every matter ) from Us. Verily, We are ever sending ( the Messengers ) ,
6. ( As ) a Mercy from your Lord. Verily, He is the All- Hearer, the All- Knower.
7. The Lord of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, if you ( but ) have a faith with certainty.
8. Lâ ilaha illâ Huwa ( none has the right to be worshipped but He ) . It is He Who gives life and causes death - your Lord and the Lord of your forefathers.
9. Nay! They play about in doubt.
10. Then wait you for the Day when the sky will bring forth a visible smoke,
11. Covering the people: this is a painful torment.
12. ( They will say ) : « Our Lord! Remove the torment from us, really we shall become believers! »
13. How can there be for them an admonition ( at the time when the torment has reached them ) , when a Messenger explaining things clearly has already come to them.
14. Then they had turned away from him ( Messenger Muhammad ( saas ) ) and said: ( He is ) one taught ( by a human being ) , a madman! « »
15. Verily, We shall remove the torment for a while. Verily you will revert ( to disbelief ) .
16. On the Day when We shall seize you with the greatest seizure ( punishment ) . Verily, We will exact retribution.
17. And indeed We tried before them Fir‘aun’s ( Pharaoh ) people, when there came to them a noble Messenger [ i.e. Mûsâ ( Moses ) ( as ) ] ,
18. Saying: « Deliver to me the slaves of Allâh ( i.e. the Children of Israel ) . Verily, I am to you a Messenger worthy of all trust.»
 (V.44:4) i.e. the matters of deaths, births, provisions, calamities, etc. for the whole (coming) year as decreed by Allah.