Surah Al-Jathiya | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 500
Sura Al-Jathiya from 14 to 22
14. Say ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) to the believers to forgive those who ( harm them and ) hope not for the Days of Allâh ( i.e. His Recompense ) , that He may recompense people, according to what they have earned ( i.e. to punish these disbelievers who harm the believers ) . [ 1 ]
15. Whosoever does a good deed, it is for his ownself, and whosoever does evil, it is against ( his ownself ) . Then to your Lord you will be made to return.
16. And indeed We gave the Children of Israel the Scripture, and the understanding of the Scripture and its laws, and the Prophethood; and provided them with good things, and preferred them above the ‘Âlamîn ( mankind and jinn of their time, during that period ) ,
17. And gave them clear proofs in matters [ by revealing to them the Taurât ( Torah ) ] . And they differed not until after the knowledge came to them, through envy among themselves. Verily, Your Lord will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection about that wherein they used to differ.
18. Then We have put you ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) on a ( plain ) way of ( Our ) commandment [ like the one which We commanded Our Messengers before you ( i.e. legal ways and laws of the Islâmic Monotheism ) ] . So follow you that ( Islâmic Monotheism and its laws ) , and follow not the desires of those who know not. ( Tafsir At- Tabarî ) .
19. Verily, they can avail you nothing against Allâh ( if He wants to punish you ) . Verily, the Zâlimûn ( polytheists, wrong- doers ) are Auliyâ’ ( protectors, helpers ) of one another, but Allâh is the Walî ( Helper, Protector ) of the Muttaqûn ( the pious. See V.2:2 ) .
20. This ( Qur’an ) is a clear insight and evidence for mankind, and a guidance and a mercy for people who have Faith with certainty. [ 2 ]
21. Or do those who earn evil deeds think that We shall hold them equal with those who believe ( in the Oneness of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism ) and do righteous good deeds, in their present life and after their death? Worst is the judgement that they make.
22. And Allâh has created the heavens and the earth with truth, in order that each person may be recompensed what he has earned, and they will not be wronged. [ 3 ]
 (V.45:14) The provision of this Verse was abrogated by the Verse of Jihâd (holy fighting) (V.9:36) against the polytheists.
a ) See the footnote of ( V.10:37 ) .
b ) See the footnote of ( V.3:85 ) .
 (V.45:22) See the footnote of (V.15:23).