Surah At-Tahrim | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 561
Sura Al-Tahrim from 8 to 12
8. O you who believe! Turn to Allâh with sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will expiate from you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow ( Paradise ) - the Day that Allâh will not disgrace the Prophet ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) and those who believe with him. Their Light will run forward before them and ( with their Records - Books of deeds ) in their right hands. They will say: « Our Lord! Keep perfect our Light for us [ and do not put it off till we cross over the Sirât ( a slippery bridge over the Hell ) safely ] and grant us forgiveness. Verily, You are Able to do all things. » [ 1 ]
9. O Prophet ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) ! Strive hard against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be severe against them; their abode will be Hell, and worst indeed is that destination. [ 2 ]
10. Allâh sets forth an example for those who disbelieve: the wife of Nûh ( Noah ) and the wife of Lût ( Lot ) . They were under two of our righteous slaves, but they both betrayed them ( their husbands by rejecting their doctrine ) . So they [ Nûh ( Noah ) and Lût ( Lot ) ( as ) ] availed them ( their respective wives ) not against Allâh and it was said: « Enter the Fire along with those who enter! »
11. And Allâh has set forth an example for those who believe: the wife of Fir‘aun ( Pharaoh ) , when she said: « My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir‘aun ( Pharaoh ) and his work, and save me from the people who are Zâlimûn ( polytheists, wrong- doers and disbelievers in Allâh ) .»
12. And Maryam ( Mary ) , the daughter of ‘Imrân who guarded her chastity. And We breathed into ( the sleeve of her shirt or her garment ) through Our Rûh [ i.e. Jibrîl ( Gabriel ) [ 3 ] ] , and she testified to the truth of the Words of her Lord [ i.e. believed in the Words of Allâh: « Be! » - and he was; that is ‘Îsâ ( Jesus ) , son of Maryam ( Mary ) as a Messenger of Allâh ] , and ( also believed in ) His Scriptures, and she was of the Qânitûn ( i.e. obedient to Allâh ) [ 4 ] .
a ) See the footnote of ( V.4:106 ) .
b ) See the footnote of ( V.5:74 ) .
c ) See the footnote of ( V.68:42 ) .
 (V.66:9) See the footnote of (V.8:39).
 (V.66:12) "And (remember) she who guarded her chastity [Virgin Maryam (Mary)], We breathed into (the sleeves of) her (shirt or garment) [through Our Rûh (Jibrîl - Gabriel)]*, and We made her and her son (Jesus) a sign for Al-‘Âlamîn (mankind and jinn)." [The Qur’ân, (V.21:91)]
* It is said that Jibrîl ( Gabriel ) had merely breathed in the sleeve of Maryam’s ( Mary ) shirt, and thus she conceived.
 (V.66:12) The Statement of Allâh (Lord Almighty and Exalted):
‘And Allâh has set forth an example for those who believe: the wife of Pharaoh ... ( up to ) ... and she was of the obedient to Allâh.’ ( V.66:11 and 12 ) .
Narrated Abû Mûsâ ( raa ) : Allâh’s Messenger ( saas ) said, « Many amongst men reached ( the level of ) perfection but none amongst the women reached this level except Âsiyah, Pharaoh’s wife, and Maryam ( Mary ) , the daughter of ‘Imrân. And no doubt, the superiority of ‘Âishah to other women is like the superiority of Tharid ( i.e. a meat and bread dish ) to other meals. » ( Sahih Al- Bukhari, Vol. 4, Hadith No.623 ) .