Surah Hood | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 234
Sura Hud from 109 to 117
109. So be not in doubt ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) as to what these people ( pagans and polytheists ) worship. They worship nothing but what their fathers worshipped before ( them ) . And verily, We shall repay them in full their portion without diminution.
110. Indeed, We gave the Book to Mûsâ ( Moses ) , but differences arose therein, and had it not been for a Word that had gone forth before from your Lord, the case would have been judged between them, and indeed they are in grave doubt concerning it ( this Qur’ân ) .
111. And verily, to each of them your Lord will repay their works in full. Surely, He is All- Aware of what they do.
112. So stand ( ask Allâh to make ) you ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) firm and straight ( on the religion of Islâmic Monotheism ) as you are commanded and those ( your companions ) who turn in repentance ( unto Allâh ) with you, and transgress not ( Allâh’s Legal Limits ) . Verily, He is All- Seer of what you do.
113. And incline not toward those who do wrong, lest the Fire should touch you, and you have no protectors other than Allâh, nor you would then be helped. [ 1 ]
114. And perform As- Salât ( Iqâmat- as- Salât ) , at the two ends of the day and in some hours of the night [ i.e. the five compulsory Salât ( prayers ) ] . Verily, the good deeds remove the evil deeds ( i.e. small sins ) . That is a reminder ( an advice ) for the mindful ( those who accept advice ) . [ 2 ]
115. And be patient; verily, Allâh wastes not the reward of the good- doers.
116. If only there had been among the generations before you persons having wisdom, prohibiting ( others ) from Al- Fasâd ( disbelief, polytheism, and all kinds of crimes and sins ) in the earth, ( but there were none ) - except a few of those whom We saved from among them! Those who did wrong pursued the enjoyment of good things of ( this worldly ) life, and were Mujrimûn ( criminals, disbelievers in Allâh, polytheists, sinners ) .
117. And your Lord would never destroy the towns wrongfully, while their people were right- doers.
 (V.11:113) The sin of the person who gives refuge or helps a person who innovates a heresy (in the religion) or commits sins. This has been narrated by ‘Ali (raa) on the authority of the Prophet (saas).
Narrated ‘Âsim: I said to Anas, « Did Allâh’s Messenger ( saas ) make Al- Madinah a sanctuary? » He replied, « Yes, Al- Madinah is a sanctuary from such and such place to such and such place. It is forbidden to cut its trees, and whoever innovates a heresy in it or commits a sin therein, will incur the Curse of Allâh, the angels, and all the people, » Then Mûsâ bin Anas told me that Anas added, « ... or gives refuge to such a heretic or a sinner ... »
( Sahih Al- Bukhari, Vol.9, Hadith No.409 ) .
( A ) Narrated Ibn Mas‘ûd ( raa ) : A man kissed a woman and then came to Allâh’s Messenger ( saas ) and told him of that. So this Divine Revelation was revealed to the Prophet ( saas ) « And perform As- Salât ( Iqâmat- as- Salât ) at the two ends of the day, and in some hours of the night; [ i.e. the ( five ) compulsory Salât ( prayers ) ] . Verily, the good deeds remove the evil deeds ( small sins ) . That is a reminder for the mindful. » ( V.11:114 ) . The man said, « Is this instruction for me only? » The Prophet ( saas ) said, « It is for all those of my followers who encounter a similar situation. » ( Sahih Al- Bukhari, Vol.6, Hadith No: 209 ) .
( B ) Narrated Abu Dharr ( raa ) : Allâh’s Messenger ( saas ) said to me: « ( a ) Be afraid of Allâh and keep your duty to him wherever you may be. ( b ) And follow up the evil deeds with the good deeds, ( verily ) the good deeds remove ( blot out ) the evil deeds. ( c ) And ( treat ) behave with the people in a high standard of character. » ( This Hadith is quoted by At- Tirmidhi ) .