Surah Al-Qamar | from the moshaf in arabic uthmani
|Listen mp3||Tafsir Arabic||tafsir mokhtasar|
English translation of the meaning Page No 528
Sura Al Najm from 45 to 6
45. And that He ( Allâh ) creates the pairs, male and female,
46. From Nutfah ( drops of semen - male and female discharges ) when it is emitted.
47. And that upon Him ( Allâh ) is another bringing forth ( Resurrection ) .
48. And that it is He ( Allâh ) Who gives much or a little ( of wealth and contentment )
49. And that He ( Allâh ) is the Lord of Sirius ( the star which the pagan Arabs used to worship ) .
50. And that it is He ( Allâh ) Who destroyed the former ‘Âd ( people ) ,
51. And Thamûd ( people ) : He spared none of them.
52. And the people of Nûh ( Noah ) aforetime. Verily, they were more unjust and more rebellious and transgressing [ in disobeying Allâh and His Messenger Nûh ( Noah ) ( as ) ] .
53. And He destroyed the overthrown cities [ of Sodom to which Prophet Lût ( Lot ) was sent ] .
54. So there covered them that which did cover ( i.e. torment with stones ) .
55. Then which of the Graces of your Lord ( O man! ) will you doubt?
56. This ( Muhammad ( saas ) ) is a warner ( Messenger ) of the ( series of ) warners ( Messengers ) of old. [ 1 ]
57. The Day of Resurrection draws near.
58. None besides Allâh can avert it ( or advance it or delay it ) .
59. Do you then wonder at this recitation ( the Qur’ân ) ?
60. And you laugh at it and weep not,
61. Wasting your ( precious ) lifetime in pastime and amusements ( singing, etc. ) .
62. So fall you down in prostration to Allâh and worship Him ( Alone ) .
Sûrat Al- Qamar
( The Moon ) LIV
In the Name of Allâh,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder ( the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad ( saas ) to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon ) . [ 2 ]
2. And if they see a sign, they turn away, and say: « This is continuous magic. »
3. They belied ( the Verses of Allâh - this Qur’ân ) , and followed their own lusts. And every matter will be settled ( according to the kind of deeds: good deeds will take their doers to Paradise, and similarly evil deeds will take their doers to Hell ) .
4. And indeed there has come to them news ( in this Qur’ân ) wherein there is ( enough warning ) to check ( them from evil ) ,
5. Perfect wisdom ( this Qur’ân ) , but ( the preaching of ) warners benefit them not.
6. So ( O Muhammad ( saas ) ) withdraw from them. The Day that the caller will call ( them ) to a terrible thing.
 (V.53:56) See the footnote of (V.2: 252).
 (V.54:1) Narrated Anas (raa): The people of Makkah asked the Prophet (saas) to show them a sign (miracle). So he showed them (the miracle) of the cleaving of the moon. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.6, Hadîth No.390).